[Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro?

Posted By: BikerBabe

[Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/25/08 16:58

I hope to get lucky here and find someone who, for whatever reason, is selling their A7 Pro (i.e., I would get the second licence). Low price is good, heh!

Please contact me (via PM first) and we can talk it over and hopefully find something both are happy with. Thank you for reading.

Jen

P.S. I only speak English, not German. Thanks.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/25/08 18:39

Conitec
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/25/08 18:46

Rest assured they speak English as well.

(Sorry couldn't resist, good luck finding someone that will sell you their A7 pro license)

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/25/08 21:35

Pup, are you telling me they would give me a special discount?

I wish they would...

Mox, the English comment was for those who write an awful lot of German here, even in "English" threads, so...

(Thanks, I might need it!)
Posted By: JustOneOldMan

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 01:19

I got a good deal on a Pro license here a month or so ago, so they do come up once in a while. Good luck... (Viel Glück!)

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 19:47

Good for you, I hope I have the same luck.

Thank you. (Danke schön.)

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 20:05

Do you have any other gamestudo versions?
Maybe you can upgrade or something...
I have an A6 pro version which i dont use anymore, maybe i can sell it to you and you grade it up (if this is possible)

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 20:14

No, I have none, so I cannot upgrade, alas.

I could buy yours and upgrade it, but it would cost me $299 plus whatever you charge, so in that sense I could (also) look for A7 Com and then upgrade that for $149 instead...

If you do not sell it, however, I can certainly keep it in mind in case nothing else comes along. It is less than a new A7 licence anyway, so thank you for that offer even if I am hesitant to accept it at this time.

(Upgrading costs here: Upgrading)

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 20:37

If you buy com and upgrade it it would be 1000$..
If i charge 300 for it you pay 600 which are 300 still in your pocket

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 20:42

Ah right, looked at wrong column, true that. D'oh.

That math assumes I have got $900 in my pocket, though.
Posted By: FBL

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 20:46

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 20:49

Nope, not if it leaves me with $300 in my pocket.

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 20:54

okay, you're right

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 21:00

Quote:

If you have 900 you could buy a normal pro edition

But what are you expecting?
A pro edition for 300 or what do you think you will pay for it?

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 21:05

Quote:

Quote:

If you have 900 you could buy a normal pro edition

Exactly.

As for what I am expecting, well, to save some money and relieve someone with a program that they no longer have any use for.

I have already thanked you for your offer, and will consider it if nothing else comes along.

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 21:19

Okay ^^
But please ask Conitec since i dont know if you can upgrade a version you buyed from me..

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/26/08 21:25

Will do if it comes to that. Thanks again.

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 11:19

I lied in my above post anyway. I actually got a good deal on a "Com" license, not a Pro license. I came here from Torque which is the other way around and I continue to confuse the two. With Torque, pro is the middleware (includes source) and commercial is the higher end. Sorry for any confusion.

So, to correct myself, what I got here a month or so ago was a good deal on the "Commercial" license...
Posted By: Wicht

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 12:39

Quote:

With Torque, pro is the middleware (includes source) and commercial is the higher end.

Not quite correct. There are eight different versions.

TGB - Indie
TGB - Indie Pro
TGB - Commercial
TGB - Commercial Pro
(Only at TGB you have Pro licenses)

TGE - Indie
TGE - Commercial

TGEA - Indie
TGEA - Commercial

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 13:29

Quote:

Not quite correct. There are eight different versions.

TGB - Indie
TGB - Indie Pro
TGB - Commercial
TGB - Commercial Pro
(Only at TGB you have Pro licenses)

TGE - Indie
TGE - Commercial

TGEA - Indie
TGEA - Commercial

Yes, I own them all. Bought TGE a little over 4 years ago and bought the others as they were released to early adapter. Also own Torque X. Actually there is also Torque Wii and Torque 360, which I don't own. Been using primarily the Pro Commercial version of TGB (which used to be T2D) lately, though, which led to the mistake in the first post.

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 13:39

Impressive list.
You switched from Torque to GS.
I switched from GS to Torque.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 15:13

Good developpers do not 'switch', they develop on both!

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 15:28

A good developer makes a strong cut... if necessary.

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 16:30

Quote:

Impressive list.
You switched from Torque to GS.
I switched from GS to Torque.

Who said he switched? He clearly still owns those Torque licenses and so do many other gamestudio users... you've really got to think less polarized.

As for good developers... they make good games whatever tools they prefer to use.

Cheers

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 18:14

Quote:

Who said he switched? He clearly still owns those Torque licenses and so do many other gamestudio users... you've really got to think less polarized.

Read his posts.

Quote:

As for good developers... they make good games whatever tools they prefer to use.

Good joke. Phemox, Frank loves your jokes.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 18:40

That was my joke, more or less.

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/27/08 19:24

I know where this is going to end

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/28/08 01:03

Wow, didn't even notice at first there was a page 3 with lots more posts.

Actually I have enough development time into the Torque products that I will still use them, especially TGB. They just released a fairly large update to TGEA that I've been wanting to play with also. The problem I have is with their new licensing strategy (EULA). As most of you know there is no functional difference in the engines as far as the licensing goes for each engine, only what you can do with it and whether you get source or not. In other words, you get exactly the same TGB whether you buy the Indie, Commercial, Pro Commercial, etc., only the licensing is different and you may or may not get the source. Same with their other engines. This is different than GS, where different licenses means different functionality in the engine as well as what you can and can't do.

I'm trying to get switched over to GS because the licensing is much more open and less restrictive for some projects I'm playing with. I really like the looks of the latest GS, and it may end up being the only thing I use down the road. But as someone said, right tool for the job. I also own and use Mark Overmars' Game Maker (now marketed by YoYo Games) for quick 2D prototyping and idea testing, though TGB is now at a point that it works just as easily for that purpose.

It's all what you want to do. I've been so busy in real life since I picked up GS that I haven't had time to give it a real look, but from what I've seen I like it a lot. Lite-C is much better balanced than TorqueScript, I think. It also makes a lot of difference in how you "think" programming and assets management. Someone above mentioned they switched from GS to Torque, and it might make more sense to them. The first time I picked up an old HP calculator using reverse notation years ago I thought "What the hell?", but it suited the way a lot of people thought.

I don't think it's so much "What does this engine do?" as much as "Does this engine think the way I do?" Makes a world of difference as to whether you'll ever really get your head wrapped around it.
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/28/08 03:45

Wow the price of your list is enough to buy GS Pro

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/28/08 13:43

Quote:

I know where this is going to end

Lol... ow man. At least we can agree that, as always, I did not start this...

@Wicht: He clearly states in present tense that he owns those licenses...

Yes, I own them all. Bought TGE a little over 4 years ago and bought the others as they were released to early adapter. Also own Torque X. Actually there is also Torque Wii and Torque 360, which I don't own. Been using primarily the Pro Commercial version of TGB (which used to be T2D) lately, though, which led to the mistake in the first post.

Quote:

That was my joke, more or less.

Indeed, all credits go to Joozey,

Cheers

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/28/08 18:08

Quote:

Wow the price of your list is enough to buy GS Pro

About 3 times over...

Along with the books, content packs, kits, add-on utilities, modelers, graphics packages, and everything else not mentioned in that list, the whole thing would have gotten a couple copies of GS Pro with enough left for a really nice vacation. Still, it's nice software to have.

When I finally get time to play with the GS Commercial and see if it's definitely where I want to go now I'll probably get the Pro version. I've been thinking it would be interesting to know how many people have the Extra, how many the Commercial, and how many the Pro. Or what percentage of total sales each version has. Just to see who's working with what and what they're making with it.

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/30/08 18:12

I would prefer to find a Pro licence, but I will consider buying Commercial if someone has got one for sale, thank you.

(I would edit the first post if I could)

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/30/08 19:46

BikerBabe, I see a lot of people here doing some really nice stuff with just the Commercial version. Even that would be a really good start for you. Hopefully someone will come along that is selling a copy.

On a side note, is this going to be the new permanent look of the forum? Kind of hard for me to read...

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 03/30/08 20:45

Yeah, hence me deciding to add that. \:\)

Indeed, hopefully someone will come along...

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 04/04/08 05:15

Nudging this in hope that someone will see it that are looking to sell their copy of A7 Pro or Commercial. Thanks!

Re: [Buying] Anyone selling A7 Pro? - 04/27/08 07:17

Anyone? No one?

Another bump, hoping that someone will see it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums