Scientist are druggies

Posted By: Ran Man

Scientist are druggies - 04/15/08 21:30

Hey Guys,

check out this interesting article below.

Scientists take drugs to boost brain power: study

Anyways, let me quote the article:
 Quote:
Of the 288 scientists who said that had taken one or more of these drugs outside of a medical context, three-fifths had used Ritalin, and nearly half Provigil. Only 15 percent were fans of beta blockers.

Wow, RITALIN!!!
That's mind altering stuff.
Some school shooters have used that for example.

What they fail to know or recognise is that people like "Einstein" were inspired.
That's why he suceeded. \:D

Taking drugs to help the supernatural and get inspired is nothing new however.

Witches and other worshippers in the ancient days took drugs for supernatural experiences regularly, so what is the difference here? \:\/

Are we really better than the ancients who came before us?
sheessh...
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: Scientist are druggies - 04/15/08 21:50

Originally Posted By: Ran Man
Taking drugs to help the supernatural and get inspired is nothing new however.
Brain power == supernatural ??

Re: Scientist are druggies - 04/15/08 23:42

lol \:D

No

drugs = Psychedelic Psychotherapy

Psychedelic Psychotherapy

\:\)
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: Scientist are druggies - 04/16/08 01:48

Quote:
What they fail to know or recognise is that people like "Einstein" were inspired.

Inspired by opium or heroin... probably opium.
Trust me, Einstein was no "straight edge"...
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Scientist are druggies - 04/16/08 05:13

Well they should be smoking weed for inspiration , Ritalin ? LMAO. What a bunch of fagz.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Scientist are druggies - 04/16/08 17:02

Ritalin is a drug that will calm you down... it's something a lot of people use against hyperactivity. I don't see how that drug could 'inspire' anyone, it's basically something that makes you get a headache and feel tired...

Quote:
Well they should be smoking weed for inspiration

With weed every idea seems like a great one... but only until you get 'sober' again.

Re: Scientist are druggies - 04/16/08 20:38

Yes, but take a look at the side effects of Ritalin below.

Side effects
 Quote:
Reported methylphenidate abuse side effects include psychosis (abnormal thinking or hallucinations), difficulty sleeping, mood swings, mood changes, stomach aches, diarrhea, headaches, lack of hunger (leading to weight loss) and dry mouth

Methylphenidate or Ritalin

Mood swings and hallucinations? It sounds mind altering?
It sounds like something the ancient people would do, yes? \:D

interesting...
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Scientist are druggies - 04/17/08 00:04

Quote:
Reported methylphenidate abuse side effects include psychosis (abnormal thinking or hallucinations), difficulty sleeping, mood swings, mood changes, stomach aches, diarrhea, headaches, lack of hunger (leading to weight loss) and dry mouth

Yes, but Tom Cruise is wrong... I know the silly man keeps altering wikipedia.org ... *sigh* :p

Seriously though, it obviously says 'abuse', not 'use'. That is, in normal quantities Ritalin won't have these effects and the side effects mentioned are those that a lot of drugs can have when you're talking about 'abuse'.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Scientist are druggies - 04/17/08 09:53

"With weed every idea seems like a great one... but only until you get 'sober' again."

Agreed.
© 2024 lite-C Forums