which bat'leth?

Posted By: broozar

which bat'leth? - 06/05/08 14:24

http://www.swords-and-more.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_43/products_id/322

or

http://www.swords-and-more.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_43/products_id/324

sizes are great smile

which looks better to you?
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/05/08 18:18

I wouldn't know but they all look cool. the bottom left one (the shiny one at the bottom of that pic) is awesome looking. of course that could just be my partiality to things of a shiny nature
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/05/08 19:05

I'd also vote for #3 (though I don't recall seeing it in any ST episodes). Otherwise go with #2.
http://klingon.dw-world.de/english/index.php
Posted By: Joozey

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/05/08 19:14

Ditto to above posts smile
Posted By: Joey

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/05/08 21:16

second. the third one leaves your hand uncovered.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/05/08 22:41

toll! ein arschgeweih zum an die wand hängen. :p fürs holzhacken und für gartenarbeiten eher unpraktisch.
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/06/08 05:52

The third one (bottom left), it has way more details and looks cooler.
Posted By: testDummy

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/06/08 06:59

(It is) Perceived as somewhat equal, in terms of relevance, maybe.

Preference does not go to the one with more kills, more glory, more history, ...the better story, then?

If only image and appearance are of concern, than perhaps, the thing is dead and hollow, just an unwieldy toy, with spin worth sloppily injected outside its concept domain.

(Actually, 'I' suspect, one should be measurably more effective than the other.
Test, and here would have been fine, if not for the physical displacement.
If selection limited, a combination for efficiency...)

Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/06/08 07:37

I never get your posts somehow ^^'
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/06/08 23:47

From a martial arts perspective the 1st or 2nd one are definitely preferable as the 3rd one can't be held without having your hands close to eachother (and vulnerable too).

I'm guessing the 3rd one is lighter and better for attacks at higher speeds, but it does look less effective and more build like a piece of art to show off, not so much like a real weapon. The more because it looks a lot like it was meant as a single-handed weapon. The second one seems a bit less comfortable when it comes to grip, but it does seem sharp. The 2nd one is the best compromise between all factor I would consider important.

From an art perspective I like all three of them, but the 3rd one is obviously(?) the best looking. Perhaps a bit too shiny?

Say, you're not planning to do anything stupid, right? wink :p

Quote:
Actually, 'I' suspect, one should be measurably more effective than the other.
Test, and here would have been fine, if not for the physical displacement.

Yeah, it also would ruin the carpet I guess.
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/07/08 00:13

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
Yeah, it also would ruin the carpet I guess.

In that case you're a petaQ - a real Klingon would never have carpet to begin with! wink
Posted By: ventilator

Re: which bat'leth? - 06/07/08 00:18

do they have some real background or are they a star trek invention which is mainly supposed to look cool?

i can't imagine that they are very practical weapons and that a bat'leth fighter could stand a chance against a normal sword fighter for example.
© 2024 lite-C Forums