Spore!

Posted By: NITRO777

Spore! - 09/08/08 04:43

I got it yesterday(sept. 7). Its kind of an interesting game, but I dont like some of the interface and it seems to be more a game for the kids. Anybody else have any initial thoughts about it?
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: Spore! - 09/08/08 08:35

Still gotta get it but magazine reviews have been at the 80%, hardly the 110% it was hyped to be. People are saying the same thing, that the gameplay seems a bit oversimplified.
Posted By: checkbutton

Re: Spore! - 09/08/08 09:00

Well, I like it. I really like it laugh
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Spore! - 09/08/08 10:46

I like it too!

Such a torture being at work and not able to play!!
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Spore! - 09/08/08 11:40

I didn't like it, probably mainly because of the kiddy look...

It's too bad perhaps, but I've already exchanged my copy for a different game... that being Mass Effect, very cool game.

I guess TheSims and Spore just aren't for everyone.
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: Spore! - 09/09/08 01:41

Got it. smile

I don't know about the kiddy look everyone is talking about. The controls are streamlined, minimal, and pretty... is that kiddy.

But they are right one about the gameplay. I've only done the cell stage once but I can already tell I won't want to do it many times over. The same may be said about the Tribe game.

But, in the few hours I've played, I have had lot's of fun creating my creature and really that is what it's all about. Not as deep as I would have liked it, but still a good albeit casual experience.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Spore! - 09/09/08 03:31

learned and found out that this DRM SecureRom is a front for a more nefarious plan. It's not for software piracy.
Spore was already cracked and with a pirated release before it officially came out for the public.
According to current CEO of EA John Riccitiello it will be the start of Rent-TO-Own gaming and buy as you go for more content and features. You get the bare bones game. DRM is in place for tracking and activitation too. Including for the Mac and Linux too

Browse and look at the customer reviews over at Amazon.com wink

Don't buy this game!
Boycott EA and Maxis!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Spore! - 09/09/08 07:38

One reason why I wait at least some days before purchasing new games (like SPORE in this case) is exactly that what happens here.

The marketing of this game (with a brilliant game idea) was very good and I really cant wait to get a copy and play it.
Now - I will not buy this game now - maybe later for less €.

I think it's too expensive for this "little gameplay" (review at amazon) and the mentioned restrictions.

Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Spore! - 09/09/08 15:53

I agree with Mercuryus. I wait often for budget versions of games and then I get it for half of the original price (sometimes even less) and I get more than the original game. Often it already includes patches and additional features, levels or even the add-on missions.

It is worth to be patient.

Re: Spore! - 09/09/08 15:55

Quote:
Rent-TO-Own gaming

Yeah, that's very bad for everyone as well. Probably even worse than ingame ads.

Quote:
I don't know about the kiddy look everyone is talking about.

I don't know, it's just a bit too colorful at times basically and because of the very simplified gameplay, it just feels like a kids game. Too casual for my likings,

Cheers
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Spore! - 09/09/08 23:41

Im with mercuryus and machine_frank.
Posted By: Neurosys

Re: Spore! - 09/10/08 00:23

anyone who has made it to the space stage (like we did the first game) would not deny the replayability of spore... have you made it to the center of the universe yet?
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Spore! - 09/10/08 01:19

Quote:
anyone who has made it to the space stage (like we did the first game) would not deny the replayability of spore... have you made it to the center of the universe yet?
Yeah I made it to space stage, but not much further. I do like the game, it got more interesting to me after I learned to play it better. Its a decent game. My kids REALLY like it though, I cant tear them away. When I come home they have been playing it for 6 hours straight! So it seems to be worth the money.

Quote:
learned and found out that this DRM SecureRom is a front for a more nefarious plan. It's not for software piracy.
Spore was already cracked and with a pirated release before it officially came out for the public.
According to current CEO of EA John Riccitiello it will be the start of Rent-TO-Own gaming and buy as you go for more content and features. You get the bare bones game. DRM is in place for tracking and activitation too. Including for the Mac and Linux too
Yep. I dont like that either. But Im not going to boycott. IM an extremist but Im not that extreme(if that makes sense) grin
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Spore! - 09/10/08 09:39

The Sims was very succesful because of all these expansion packs and so on for which you have to pay as well. I have nothing against new content directly from the developers/producers which I have to pay for as long as people can their make content, too (like for the Sims).

I personally have nothing against internet activation for original software. Though, if they allow only 3 registration via internet and after that only via telephone support, PLUS only barebone content, they should sell it for less money. Like 25 Euro instead of 50.

Re: Spore! - 09/10/08 11:13

Originally Posted By: HeelX
I personally have nothing against internet activation for original software. Though, if they allow only 3 registration via internet and after that only via telephone support, PLUS only barebone content, they should sell it for less money. Like 25 Euro instead of 50.

I totally agree with this, but I'd still not be all that sure if I would buy it again for 25€ knowing what I know now.

Cheers
© 2024 lite-C Forums