Good Video editor program?

Posted By: Cowabanga

Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 08:01

Hey,
Does anyone knows a video editor program that do the following:
Cut the video.
Effects (Like Fade in-out, Slow moving etc...).
Insert sound.

Posted By: Hitsch

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 08:25

hey,

I'd try out Windows Movie Maker before looking any further.
It's part of windows and you can do exactly the things you want.
It's either already on your system, or you can get it from the Microsoft page.

Sure it's not a very complex editor, but not as bad as one could expect.

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 09:00

I know Windows Movie maker, it's a crap laugh
Anyone, any moderator close the thread please. I found a program: Adobe Priemer.
Posted By: Hitsch

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 09:34

800 Dollars for something you won't need 90% of what it can do.
ok then, your choice...

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 09:53

800 Dollars?? Weird... it says 299 Dollars at the first time confused
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 09:59

In the Adobe shop in Europe it is more than 1000 Euros (including tax). So it is way more than 1000 Dollars as well. There is no official version for 299. Even an upgrade is more expensive than that. But there is an "Elements" edition for less than 100 available.

Cutting and fading is available in every editing software for 50 or 100 $. So there is really no need to buy something for 1000.

Sometimes they even have professional features for low prices like this one (blue/green screen, channels and much more):
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html

If you type "review video editing software" into google you will find much better results than asking in a game dev forum, e.g.:
http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

You will see the power director on first place. Adobe Premiere Elements follows on place 3. I saw similar test results in magazines.

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 10:04

Oh, great! Thanks Frank! smile
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 12:19

Blender has video editing features :P

They're actually pretty powerful. I like them, anyway.

Take some serious getting used to, though.

Julz
Posted By: LordMoggy

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 12:38

yes there is one and it doesnt cost a dime!

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 15:44

Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Blender has video editing features :P

They're actually pretty powerful. I like them, anyway.

So Blender is powerful! I'll check them out, but they're in the normal Blender or i need to download something?
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 19:49

i reccomend lead media studio. its cheap, and it has good features for its price. magix is even cheaper, has less features but it all depends on what you need.
i tend to work with premiere and after effects. my wife got a legal version smile
Posted By: Quad

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 19:52

i use a software called videomach it's pretty cheap and usefull for cutting/converting video also have filters like the ones in photoshop fading blur colorshift,sharpening, noise removal, text/image overlays, color adjustments, embos etc. try the trial and see if it fits.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/28/09 21:17

Erm, you could look more into Adobe Premiere, contrary to what others say, it has rather professional video editing. We use Elements, but I'd recommend getting the full version, it has alot of features and with a decent pc you can do just about anything with the pro version.

Elements is great to use and is rather easy to use too. If you want to get a good editing program, get Elements, if you need more functionality (like if you're making a hollywood kind of movie) get Premiere pro.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/29/09 02:59

It's built-in to Blender. It will take some learning, but then you can do just about anything. You'll be spending a lot of time on Blender Wiki at first, though.

Julz

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/29/09 05:36

@sPIKe:
Media sudio is not bad, but it doesn't fit me laugh. Magix sucks :P. But thanks. smile

@Quadraxas:
So limited. But thanks anyway. smile

@mpdeveloper_B:
I was gonna buy Adobe Premiere, until i saw the price (OMGZZZZZ!!). But i'll try to earn some money. (Until i earn, i just can close my mouth about that :P)

@JulzMighty:
I'll try. Thanks smile

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/29/09 06:16

Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
I was gonna buy Adobe Premiere, until i saw the price (OMGZZZZZ!!). But i'll try to earn some money. (Until i earn, i just can close my mouth about that :P)

So you are warez user?
I dont get this. I showed you a way to get an unbiased view, reviews and rankings of these tools with all features displayed in comparison. But you prefer to listen to subjective personal comments and in the end you use warez.
What a strange world we are living in, bad for the hard working software companies.

By the way: If you really want to earn money then just stop to write one-liners in forums and get a job. This is how it works.

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/29/09 07:06

Quote:
So you are warez user?

Of course not!
I have no warez program in my PC and i don't use warez ever!

But i said I'LL EARN MONEY, if it's worth it. Actually i'm downloading the trial to see if it's good or not.

And about my review about those programs, there's something called TRIAL !!!

EDIT: While Frank's converting this thread to saying that i'm a warez user, please any moderator close this thread.

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/29/09 07:11

Quote:
Until i earn, i just can close my mouth about that :P

So why should someone close his mouth about a trial and ending with a tongue smiley? Maybe you are just strange and I am wrong this time.

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/29/09 07:18

Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
So why should someone close his mouth about a trial and ending with a tongue smiley? Maybe you are just strange and I am wrong this time.

'Cause i finished about that.
Well, i can't lie, you can say i'm kinda strange and you're kinda wrong. laugh
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Good Video editor program? - 05/29/09 07:18

Thread closed by thread author's request.
© 2024 lite-C Forums