Best game ever, learn from it!

Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 08:48

This is a nice and funny view to a well known game series. Make your own picture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7r9RqWBdl8
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 10:08

AWESOMMEEE!!!!!!
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 10:30

BORING
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 10:50

nice one, indeed laugh
Posted By: Toast

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 11:27

Finger fireworks ftw! wink
Posted By: Clemens

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 12:00

Interest to see the first time a game parody (in form of a game)...
and yes the finger fireworks (with the american flags!) at the end is the best part.
But my same conclusion: boring!
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 12:10

Perfectly points out why I dont like CoD. grin

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 14:44

Originally Posted By: the_clown
Perfectly points out why I dont like CoD. grin

Exactly the same feeling here. I hate these boring shooters where you can wait a second to magical heal yourself, where each story is exchangeable and where heroes have to be Americans.

But this video also pointed out all the other clichés used by such kind of games. I always wonder why these games sell like crazy, but probably people like this simple repeating cliché content. Currently there are almost only 2 groups of extremely successful games:

- Fantasy. This is not bad but what I find bad about all these fantasy games: they all use the same setting. They are basically the same. They contain trolls, knights, wizards and orcs. Fantasy can be so interesting with so much .. hm .. fantasy. Just think about the word fantasy / phantasy.

- World War Games: After several dozen ww2 games we see modern world war games or terrorist shootings over and over again. Boring.
Posted By: 3run

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 14:55

Didn't watch the video yet, cause using my cellphone. Just wanted to say that Modern Warfare series aren't boring at all, and stories are just great. Endings in both of them are unforgettable!! I don't like to call them COD, for me they are just a different games (even developers are different). From all current "template" made shooter, I can only see two great ones, Half Life series and Modern Warfare series (which is the best multiplayer game for me too).
Posted By: ChaosNe0

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 15:18

lol, the scenery is in my opinion perfect and matches to the theme. Since this is a parody I can only laugh about the original. Most funny was every time when the hero got the 'rank-up'.
...but it's neither a game nor a video. It's like a told joke!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 15:25

I didnt like it at first but i dont really play first person shooters for their sense of "depth" at all, I play them to compete with other players at a fairly fast paced tactics/dexterity game. I could care less about the solo play. Thats why people liked the nazi-zombies game so much in COD:WAW that they needed it in black ops too; Because its all about your dexterity/planning the best way to kill the zombies. (the storylines in them are all crap.)

\
EDIT: Although I saw this just before I got on here, thought it was hilarious.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 15:34

SO REAL.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 17:27

Watched it before - medium funny.
Posted By: FlorianP

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/05/11 21:28

Sergenant Sergenant Master Sergenant Shooter Person!

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 10:06

Originally Posted By: 3run
Didn't watch the video yet, cause using my cellphone. Just wanted to say that Modern Warfare series aren't boring at all, and stories are just great. Endings in both of them are unforgettable!! I don't like to call them COD, for me they are just a different games (even developers are different). From all current "template" made shooter, I can only see two great ones, Half Life series and Modern Warfare series (which is the best multiplayer game for me too).

Are u kidding? Okay, the multiplayer in the Moder Warfare series is good, but u cant tell me u liked the stories?? Well, matter of taste I guess.
The gameplay however is pretty boring after a while cuz it gets repitive. I mean, sure u played Call of Duty (the original)? It's exactly the same as every following Call of Duty title: Script-based, repitive massacre/corridor shootings gameplay. Exchange the setting, the hero(s), add some more violence to get the medias attention, and voila, there u have one more Call of Duty title.
Honestly, I think thats one series that should find it's end.

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 16:08

Modern Warfare series and other CODs (same as Black Ops) are two different games for me...
I hate all other CODs, they are really template made... But Modern Warfare is just awesome (but yeah, it's matter of taste).
Can you tell me as an example an other game, which ends same spectacle? Except Half Life.
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 16:40

Modern Warfare (2 at least) was really pathetic - not only talking about the storyline, but rather this "scripted cutscene where the main character falls down in slow motion and is then helped up by a friend again" which was there around three dozen times or so. Somehow I felt like an idiot playing this.

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 16:53

So if you say that Modern Warfare is sucks, does that mean that there is no good FPS at all (except Half Life)?

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 17:10

So if you say that Modern Warfare is sucks, does that mean that there is no good FPS at all (except Half Life)?

First of all: Nothing IS SUCKS - it DOES SUCK. Sorry for offtopic, and I know that is not your fault because your english simply isnt that good, which is not a bad thing, mine could be better too, so no offense intended, but it just annoys me.

Second:

No, I dont say that there is no good FPS at all.
I would indeed say there are MANY better first person shooter games than Modern Warfare. Even though it is a matter of taste, there are multiple shooters that come to my mind that are WAY better than Modern Warfare in my opinion:

Half Life 2 (cant judge about the first cuz I didnt play it),
ending may be somewhat lame but it is much more atmospheric and just better in so many ways.

Far Cry (first one, the ORIGINAL), AI is much better (and it's years older!!!), general gameplay is much more colorful (stealth, open combat, all that stuff), and although the hero is SUCH a cliché, I can better identify with Jack Carver than with whatever-he-was-called from MW.

Crysis, I KNOW, most people didnt like it, because the gameplay DOES get a bit repitive, and the Alien thing really isnt the most innovative idea, but it offers what makes a good FPS to me: Good AI, GORGEOUS environments, really cool design, a high grade of interactivity (picking up objects, throwing them), and a lot of funny details (coreans peeing in the sea, animals roaming the island...). And, most important, it isnt near as linear as Modern Warfare.

Well, thats just three examples, and most wont agree with me on the Crysis thing, but I could endlessly go on down to XII (which was pretty original), or in the future where really cool titles like Rage, Brink or Bulletstorm are going to add some new fresh taste to the FPS genre.

Oh, and about the MW ending: I cant tell, didnt play through it. I stopped when one of the heroes was killed by the atomic bomb. I cant stand games that kill my hero. grin

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 17:26

Yeah, my English isn't that good, but that doesn't bother me anyhow grin
About the examples that you gave:
*Half Life 2 (I said, any other game except Half Life series, or did I say it in some wrong way, so you didn't get me).
*Crisis - this one is just sucks...(don't know does it suck anything) this is kind of game, where you simply need to go from point A to point B, while moving you need to kill everything that moves...
*Far Cry (for me same as the Far Cry 2) - game without sole... same as the game above, simply moving from point A to point B...
The only thing that this games can offer is huge levels.. but that is just nothing against good gameplay.
You said that gameplay in Far Cry is so colorful, stealth blah blah blah...
But the reason you say that, is that you didn't play through all Modern Warfare, there are a lot of stealth and open combats (and other staff). AI is just great (to taste real MW you need to play on hardest difficulty), yeah it can't offer you a huge environment as Crysis, but still levels (and multiplayer maps as well) are just great! And I can say that crysis is very linear...yeah sure, you can move from point A to point B as you wish (via car or by walk) but still that doesn't make sense...
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 18:00

I can't believe i'm saying this, but: I agree with 3run. (oh my god the pain!)

Far Cry and Crisis really have no immersive storyline whatsoever. The environment might be gorgeous, but that really is about it. The day after I finished Crysis I forgot what it is about, and still do to this day.

The storyline of (sorry for taking an RPG) Gothic on the other hand stays with me in every detail til' today. Like a memory I have lived. That is what makes a good storyline, it stays in the players mind after playing the game and it is fun to remember or to play it again and discover some new detail to it, listening to a conversation in the beginning and then applying your previous background knowledge to see how some stuff can be ambigous, and so on.

Bottomline: If you remember the storyline of a game one year later, it's good. Otherwise it's just mediocre or worse.
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 18:09

lol, I can really not remember CoD4's story, while I am still thinking it's a great game - as well as Black Ops.

I did not even liked the gameplay in Crysis by the way...

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 18:21

Originally Posted By: Rei_Ayanami
lol, I can really not remember CoD4's story, while I am still thinking it's a great game

Two guys, one from america and one from england doing some crazy stuff around the world, killing arabas and russians. Then the american guy dies while doing some badass stunt to save some women no one really cares about.
The whole world is going crazy and then the english guy puts out some bigger guns and then the super evil guy and the hero have a big gun fight on some bridge.

Part two:
The guy who commands the american guy who dies in the atomic bomb goes crazy because no one told him that people die in wars and he kills even more guys as revenge thing and the english hero from the first part plays hero again and kills the evil one with a knife.
Posted By: Joey

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 18:23

what a boring story.

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 18:47

Siehste Just, Drogen funzen auch in diesem Alter grin

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 18:48

*Crisis - this one is just sucks...(don't know does it suck anything) this is kind of game, where you simply need to go from point A to point B, while moving you need to kill everything that moves...

...which perfectly describes the principle of Modern Warfare.
You move from A to B and kill enemies. Period, thats it.

And about the AI: The AI in Modern Warfare is HORRIBLE, because, well, there IS no AI:
The enemies are just hard to kill because a) THe player cant take many shots and b) they aim pretty well - but they dont show any sophisticated behaviour like group tactics or something. Plus, most of the action in MW is SCRIPTED - that hasnt anything to do with AI.

And true colorful gameplay, to me, doesnt mean there's stealth and open combat, but that u can CHOOSE between any gameplay type u wish, freely and at anytime.

The main thing that I think kills the whole game - Modern Warfare - is the fact that it's scripted all the way through. Sure, it's a spectacular, intense action movie experience - but nothing else.

However, I have no intention to offend anybody - I really like to discuss stuff like that, and I think it helps one to create better games.

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 19:19

Originally Posted By: alibaba

Du darfst mich Sid nennen, sonst komm ich mir immer so alt vor wenn mich jemand mit Nachnamen anspricht

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 19:29

Yeah, you may be right storyline in MW series isn't that nice...(could anyone tell me a good story about world war II for example?)
The thing that I liked most in MWs isn't the story, but how you walk through it...the game hold me by pressure from the very beginning till the end.
@the_clown: what is clever AI for you? I mean by which parameters do you appraise it? For me AI WM is just great.
And yes, in WM you same as in Crysis and Far Cry walk from point A to point B, but it isn't that boring...
Posted By: Slin

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 19:44

Better "shooters" than MW:
- Half Life 2
- Mafia 1/2
- F.E.A.R. (the AI behaves really amazing)
- MOH: Pacific Assault
- Metro 2033 (pretty short, but I really enjoyed playing it)

And there are probably many more laugh
About Modern Warfare: I liked the first Mission of the first part a lot (the ship thingy), but other than that it was just another well playable game (at least I played through it, in contrast to Far Cry and Crysis...).
Posted By: FBL

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 19:51

Best shooters are Doom 1 and 2 (+extensions) anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWwJFMyyk-g

(Final Doom counts as extension of Doom 2)

Freaky horror stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJec3o3VhfQ&feature=related

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 19:58

Originally Posted By: JustSid
Originally Posted By: alibaba

Du darfst mich Sid nennen, sonst komm ich mir immer so alt vor wenn mich jemand mit Nachnamen anspricht

Okay grin Lieber Siddy grin

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/06/11 20:10

I once bought Crysis and Crysis Warhead very cheaply at Steam. And I can tell you safely that Crysis Warhead is a really good shooter. It has a much better story than the prequel, the hero or better the antihero is much more believable, cutscenes are so great, I was close to tears when he left a friend and got in rage. It was simply very well presented. I could feel what he felt.
Gameplay was faster and everything more dense then in Crysis.

Besides that the original Unreal was much better than many of the new shooters. I still play it again and again.

And there was a Starwars game, called Republic Commando, where you played some Clone warrior. It was so great, your AI comrades did so much, healing, sniping, using turrets, opening doors ect.

And there is L4D2, what a great game. AI in single player is so believable on both sides. Survivors help each other and react very good using tactics and stretegies. And the special enemies are so smart as well, using hideouts, tactics, working together in teams (one grabs you while another one spits acid when you cant move).

Really, there are better and smarter FPS than a scripted rail shooter.

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! - 02/07/11 14:01

@the_clown: what is clever AI for you? I mean by which parameters do you appraise it? For me AI WM is just great.

Clever AI for me is an AI that behaves believable and smart, but on it's own. In Modern Warfare, or in general the CoD series, the AI itself is incredibly dumb - it does not act on it's own, but much more it's the way they spawn, the way they are positionated and the sheer mass of enemies that kills you. They do for example not follow group tactics, as the AI in FEAR does for example, or make intelligent use of cover. All these things that seem spectacular and smart are hard-coded in MW, the AI isnt doing these things on it own.
There's a reason why there's no map editor for MW: As soon as you'd put a single bot into an empty level, he would not behave much smarter than the A5 template AI does.
© 2024 lite-C Forums