IQ Test

Posted By: Redeemer

IQ Test - 05/11/11 21:41

IQ Tests are a lot of fun. They provide people like me with an opportunity to gauge my cranial capability on an internationally accepted scale. A few years ago, I did a lot of hunting to find a credible one on the internet (most aren't) and I came up with one that's pretty decent:

http://www.iqtest.com/

Believe or not, that's not the first place I looked. tongue

Anyway, I took the test a few days ago and got a score of 141. Even if this test is inaccurate and can't compare to any of the REAL tests available today (which aren't even internet based), I figure you can still compare people who take this same test together and get a decent intellectual ratio going between them.

Here are my tips for taking the test:

1. The test, obviously, requires that you spend a few consecutive, quiet minutes to finish it. Go someplace where you won't be distracted.

2. IQ tests guage your capacity for comprehension. They do not test your ability to regurgitate trivia.

3. People reach their intellectual peak at age 26. The results of the test are not accurate for people below the age of 16. People of the same age can compare directly to eachother, but there will be an offset between people of different ages.

4. The test has an average deviation of 15 points, so the number it reports isn't definite (though it can compare to some of the more credible tests available).

5. The instructions say not to take too long on each question or you'll be penalized, but do NOT fudge any of the answers or you'll be penalized even more. Give every question your best effort.

6. At the end of the test, you must give your email address. When you click next, you will then be prompted to purchase a profile on the website. You do not need to perform this step. Simply close your browser and check your email (or you can leave your browser open and use webmail if you never bothered to get a mail client). You should get an email that will tell you your IQ.

When you are finished taking the test, post your results here! I'd like to know who the smartest people on the forum are. wink
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 21:50

Mine is the longest

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 22:09

Originally Posted By: JustSid
Mine is the longest

Longest as in most digits? grin
Posted By: Joozey

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 22:16

My IQ doesn't arrive.

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 22:24

Originally Posted By: Joozey
My IQ doesn't arrive.

A few possible solutions for that:

1) The email might take a few minutes to arrive. Wait a little longer.

2) Check your spam folder, of course.

3) If you're still not getting the email, keep in mind Hotmail has a bad reputation with a lot of sites and they may not have accepted your address. Take the test again and use a different email address.

4) iqtest.com may use a different protocol to send the email than your email provider expects. Find an email provider that accepts all common forms of email transmission. (this happened to me once)
Posted By: YellowAfterlife

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 22:28

Maybe 1:10 AM is not the best time to take IQ test? Who knows...

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 22:31

Originally Posted By: YellowAfterlife
Maybe 1:10 AM is not the best time to take IQ test? Who knows...

Ha! Maybe not?

You can always try again tomorrow (although you have to use a different email address).

By the way, this site works great as a temporary, non-private email provider:
http://www.dodgeit.com/

Send any email to [yournamehere]@dodgit.com and you can access it instantly without signing up for anything. Works great for online subscriptions you don't really want. grin
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 22:46

Posted By: Rondidon

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 22:49

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 22:50

Right, it ended in the hotmail spam box :|.

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 23:04

Originally Posted By: Puppeteer

I was about to say "This must be something hilarious I don't recognize," but then I recognized it.

Originally Posted By: Rondidon

You're not nearly as funny.

Originally Posted By: Joozey

You lose 40 of those points for not checking your spam folder. tongue
Posted By: Quad

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 23:17

XD it says
NaN on my mail.

not a number.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: IQ Test - 05/11/11 23:32

Originally Posted By: Puppeteer
Oh come on, you're at least a 45!

Jibb
Posted By: Inestical

Re: IQ Test - 05/12/11 06:37

124 frown
Posted By: Error014

Re: IQ Test - 05/12/11 07:19

Sounds like they made the average of this one something other than 100.
Which means you can not compare this to the standard scale.
Now, before something tells me that this forum is just exceptionally intelligent - I doubt it's a 1.5 multiplier

Sorry to burst your bubble, guys. Guess they think people are more likely to buy their stuff if they say that you are smart and great?

(from xkcd)

Re: IQ Test - 05/12/11 09:40

Originally Posted By: Quadraxas
XD it says
NaN on my mail.

not a number.

Maybe your IQ was complex...

Re: IQ Test - 05/12/11 12:14

Originally Posted By: Error014
Sounds like they made the average of this one something other than 100.
Which means you can not compare this to the standard scale.
Now, before something tells me that this forum is just exceptionally intelligent - I doubt it's a 1.5 multiplier

The average score of every test that was ever taken on that site is 108. This should not be surprising, most people who do this sort of thing are people who already believe they are more intelligent than average (and they are). But the test does follow the proper scale.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: IQ Test - 05/12/11 13:34

im not sure about the proper scale, i didnt try to take the one on here since online ones always seem inaccurate to me. I've had three standard tests admitted by psychologists though, one was 113, (when i was young like 9), the next was 118 when i was about 15, and the last one was last year, and i got 125.

Re: IQ Test - 05/12/11 13:42

Think what you wish. I'm wary of online IQ tests myself, but like I said this one is about the best you can get on the interwebs.
Posted By: 3run

Re: IQ Test - 05/12/11 14:05

I was too lazy to read all questions, and I was just putting marks randomly grin My score is 135, lol grin

Re: IQ Test - 05/12/11 14:07

Originally Posted By: 3run
I was too lazy to read all questions, and I was just putting marks randomly grin My score is 135, lol grin

Ha ha, just like those times some idiot discovers plutonium by accident and is named a genius by the scientific community. grin

EDIT: Err, not that you're an idiot or anything. I was thinking about the three stooges when I wrote that. :x
© 2024 lite-C Forums