Posted By: RealSerious3D

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/24/12 13:47

I think just about everything is dead here these days. wink
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/24/12 17:23

I'm not laugh

Has anyone told JCL yet?
Edit: yes:
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=401792&gonew=1#UNREAD
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/24/12 18:27

I found a solution!
Posted By: gri

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/25/12 07:52

Originally Posted By: RealSerious3D

no...current community got only reduced to the core. Sometimes ist healthy when a population shrinks.

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/25/12 12:34

Originally Posted By: gri
Originally Posted By: RealSerious3D

no...current community got only reduced to the core. Sometimes ist healthy when a population shrinks.

It's not just the forum population. It's the beta updates and communication from Conitec on the forums. I've been hanging around in one form or another for ... man ... since v3. I've never seen this place this dead and this unproductive (overall).
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/25/12 12:50

Hm, I know lots of people here and in reality which are productive. Dan, are you real seriously productive? (Sry, that occasion fit perfectly ^^) Whatsoever, this was about the dead wiki.

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/25/12 15:26

No. I am not productive (with GameStudio). But, no, I was not really talking about the people, the GameStudio customers, that are here. I am mainly addressing Conitec itself. The development of GameStudio seems to be not much of a priority for them any longer. That's just my opinion.
Posted By: fogman

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/25/12 16:05

Conitec works on two long-term features, the new WED and the android version.
It was announced lots of times that this is the reason for the lagging updates.

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/25/12 17:50

Originally Posted By: fogman
Conitec works on two long-term features, the new WED and the android version.
It was announced lots of times that this is the reason for the lagging updates.

You know, I am sorry for bringing this up (yet again), but if you're happy with the speed of development around here, than good for you, I suppose. Conitec has talked about updating WED for ... what? A decade now? And they have done a little of this and a little of that. But the actual WED has not really been updated. They promised YEARS ago a WYSIWYG interface, that the real-time textured view would be the game engine, etc. None of that has happened yet. And whatever they are doing with the new WED ... well ... they've been fairly quiet about it.

Have you checked the slow down in betas over the last half year or more? Multiple Conitec projects or not, Conitec used to crank out betas left and right. Now? For the most part the beta is silent.

Sorry. It just feels like GameStudio is on its way out. If GameStudio is not a priority for Conitec, then what does that mean for all of us?
Posted By: fogman

Re: Is the wiki dead? - 05/25/12 18:55

I´m not happy with the progress.
I can understand you perfectly but it won´t get better if you bring up this topic again and again. Conitec knows about our concerns but they have to set priorities.
© 2024 lite-C Forums