The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed

Posted By: RealSerious3D

The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/04/12 19:08

I just completed an 18" x 24" poster of the 10th Doctor from the Doctor Who television series. It was a lot of fun to create:

I had modeled the TARDIS in modo. The rest of the image was created in Photoshop.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 00:57

Wow, that's an excellent David 10ant! I think perhaps his eyebrows are too thin, or his forehead slightly too big. But it's an excellent likeness!
Posted By: Hummel

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 02:16

really nice work!
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 15:52

The overall look is great, but I think the proportions aren't right. This guy has either extremely short legs or an incredibly long torso.
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 16:24

proportions are right since he has his knees bend imagine him standing straight up laugh

nice work
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 16:27

I already calculated that in...
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 17:08

Originally Posted By: Uhrwerk
The overall look is great, but I think the proportions aren't right. This guy has either extremely short legs or an incredibly long torso.
Originally Posted By: Realspawn
proportions are right since he has his knees bend imagine him standing straight up laugh

nice work
Originally Posted By: Uhrwerk
I already calculated that in...

have to agree with uhrwerk on this one, its like the characters knees on each leg are on opposing heights. the angles simple aren't sharp enough for those sections of the limb to be that short. although unless you were showing it to another person who cared about critiques, im not sure many would notice. also because of perspective it seems a lot less noticeable too. Very cool, im going to have to watch that show some time.
Posted By: RealSerious3D

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 17:46

No. The proportions are correct. I'll post a side-by-side of the reference image I used along with my painting later.

Edit:

Here is a side-by-side of my painting with the reference image I used:

As you can see by the red lines, the knees line up.
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 18:25

i rest my case wink
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: The 10th Doctor - A Doctor Who Poster I Just Completed - 12/05/12 19:17

Its the stage right hip bend. look at the real pic, its shaded so you can see that the hip bends higher up, where in yours simply because of the shading it appears to be bending in a lower position on the leg. the solid shapes are the same, but the shading affects its some, I'm guessing since its only shading thats why it takes a second to see it, and really is nothing in the scope of possible flaws in an art project. laugh its still really nice.
© 2024 lite-C Forums