Im a noob. What to do first? please help.

Posted By: Raikun

Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/28/06 02:05

I dont know what to do. this is all new to me. any body know what i should do first?
Posted By: tek

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/28/06 02:13

Look for tutorials what kinda game u want to create ? my favorite are the grimber tutorials.

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/28/06 02:15

I wanna create a good shootin game. And wheer are these grimber Tuts?

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/28/06 02:19

here ya go

http://au.conitec.net/

go to tutorials

try the shooter tutorials there are 4 they are really good Grimber knows how to make awesome 3d style shooters.

God Bless

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/28/06 02:27

Thx Tek. Ill try these right now. Oh and if you contact me on msn heres my email,gohet13@hotmail.com.

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/28/06 02:37

k thanks mines,tek91@hotmail.com if you have any ? ask I can help u a little I am not that advance though, know some basic scripts like jumping, shooting, running etc.

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/28/06 03:57

Cool i addded you. im on now are you? Anyways i need to learn the basics like wlaking and all.
Posted By: anonymous_alcoho

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/28/06 16:25

Quote:

Cool i addded you. im on now are you? Anyways i need to learn the basics like wlaking and all.

Pick up your left foot. Place it a foot ahead of your right foot. Then pick up your right foot and place it a foot ahead of your left foot. Start over. Continue until you arrive at your destination.

Just kidding.

Seriously, look through the AUMs for tutorials. Download the manual and follow that tutorial. These both will give you a start. Study the codes in the template scripts and try to understand how they work. Experiment with C-Script for a while. I was where you are now four years ago. Trust me, all of this will come together eventually.

My site Click on my games. I just want to say that if you stick with 3dgs and play around with C-Script and work on tutorials, eventually you'll be able to make games like these. (Both are WIP)

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/29/06 01:32

Thx a A lot

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/29/06 02:48

Raikum most of what you ask is in Grimbers shooting 1-4 tuts there they teach walking, running, climbing stairs, jumping even opening doors and shooting. its really nice.
about my msn I dont really get on that much cause im mostly working but I can answer ur ?s if you have by email until I have time and install my msn again.

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/29/06 17:39

Ok Thx. And u mean your msn mail right?
Posted By: abbicon

Re: Im a noob. What to do first? please help. - 10/29/06 18:48

AUM mags are a great place to start. I wouldnt recommend starting at # 1 and working your way through however as a lot of the earlier editions were for early editions of Game studio and much of that code needs to be updated to the current engine - no sense confudsing yourself on outdated code- there is also a manual written by Dan Silverman that is quite comprehensive for noobs.
© 2024 lite-C Forums