3d Model Over/On Top of a Panel

Posted By: Havoc22

3d Model Over/On Top of a Panel - 05/24/07 03:54

Alright, I've looked through the manual, I've searched the forums, but this is starting to become a pain.

I can't figure out if it's even possible to have a model displayed over a panel.

I had my player models show up and rotate upon selection, but have since changed my menu system a bit to have strictly full screen panels instead of a level loaded in the background. So now I can't seem to figure out if it's possible to have the player models show up on top of the panels that are obviously covering them up. I really don't want to have overlay turned on and have a chunk of the menu missing just to display them in the background.

So my question is, is there any way to set a models layer level higher than that of the panels, or something to that effect? Probably a stupid question, but I can't seem to figure it out at all.
Posted By: Nems

Re: 3d Model Over/On Top of a Panel - 05/24/07 06:25

Maybe view_entity, its often used to display player weapons with hands.

A user perhaps 2years ago did something similar but with a 3D compass.
Don't know if its still in archives or not but if you have searched then I suppose it may have been from an earlier time.
Posted By: tompo

Re: 3d Model Over/On Top of a Panel - 05/24/07 08:26

Read in the future section...
Panels behind the scene (level) will be in A7
For now... mission impossible... with 2D panels
Posted By: nipx

Re: 3d Model Over/On Top of a Panel - 05/24/07 15:46

you could render it in a different view, and give this view a higher layer then the panels have.

I've never tried it, but maybe..

nipx
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: 3d Model Over/On Top of a Panel - 05/24/07 16:00

View entities render over panels. However, they do have some limitations and aren't exactly the same as level entities.
© 2024 lite-C Forums