Direct X

Posted By: Marwan

Direct X - 10/04/07 11:29

I have Installed on my pc an old windows version , But the acknex engine doesnt want to run , so I downloaded directx 9.0c , because the one I had was version 8 , but the engine gives an error "cant open video device" , I know this is because I dont have directdraw or direct3d acceleration , I searched in the msn download page ,but there are to many directx stuff, what should I download to fix my problem???
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 11:33

Maybe ure Graficcard is not intializesed rigth. Maybe download the lastes Driver for it.

cYa Sebastian
Posted By: RruthH

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 11:48

Hmm...I had this problem before. I just reinstalled 3DGS and the problem was gone.

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 14:44

No Im sure that this problem occurs because I dont have directdraw or direct 3d acceleration
click the start menu>run> type DXDIAG>display> disable the direct draw and direct 3d acceleration , then run acknex engine , and you will understand what I mean
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 15:07

Well how should the engine initialise an hardware component which is not present?

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 20:17

Ok can somebody tell me how can I updaTE my video driver??
Posted By: deleRium

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 20:31

http://ati.amd.com
http://www.nvidia.com

??

Driver download?

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 21:07

Quote:

I know this is because I dont have directdraw or direct3d acceleration

Do you even have a 3D Video Card? (also called: graphics card)

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 21:26

thanks Delerium for your help , but when I opened these sites I got lost , I have ASUS video card

I just downloaded the directX 9.0c SDK , and tried to open run the engine ,It DID it and the engine started , but the frame rate Is damn too slow like one frame per second , what to do??
Posted By: deleRium

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 21:34

Ehm ... the DirectX SDK doesn't let the engine work. The SDK is just for engine developers like Conitec.

At least, ASUS uses NVIDIA or ATI chipsets for their graphic cards, so you have to download a driver from NVIDIA or ATI. Take a look at your display settings, there you should see which chipset your graphic card uses.
Posted By: tindust

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 22:34

Sounds like what they call a weak or old graphics card. Suggestion: Try -w3d in the command line when yo start the engine. That allows to run it in weak mode.
Look up w3d in the manual to find some explanations.

cheers

Re: Direct X - 10/04/07 23:53

before I format the pc there was data written
strange
"cant open video device , try w3d command"
thats the error I have been recieving before installing direcx sdk
so now i dont need that command
Posted By: tindust

Re: Direct X - 10/05/07 05:04

I would first get the most recent "DirectX 9c Runtime" or "DirectX 9.0c Redistributable for Software Developers - Multilingual" from the Microsoft site and then install or update to a fresh DirectX 9c. Then as said before, get the most recent driver for your Asus video card from the manufacturer site and install that. Reboot betwen each install.

However even though the error message does not appear, that does not mean that everything is ok with your video card, you might just have to get a newer card. Does not have to be the most recent one, a few years old, used, for a few bucks would do.

edit: by the way did you try to add the -w3d to the command line? You do that in the small window that pops up when you choose Run Level in the WED.

cheers
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Direct X - 10/05/07 07:44

You not have the graphics drivers intalled
open your computer and see the model of your graphics cards
in the graphics board, have a number with the model

and then download the drivers form asus
Posted By: cro_games

Re: Direct X - 10/05/07 18:28

Quote:

You not have the graphics drivers intalled
open your computer and see the model of your graphics cards
in the graphics board, have a number with the model

and then download the drivers form asus

Try to install Nvidia or ATI driver, if that does not work open your computer and see the model of your graphics card.

Re: Direct X - 10/05/07 18:31

@cro-games:
Sorry but that is a no-no.
First find out what kind of graphics card you have, and then install the appropriate drivers.

Re: Direct X - 10/05/07 20:20

I have VGAsave video card type , Im sorry because I said ASUS,I forgot

I searched on the net for drivers compatible with my hardware but i cant find any

I will be thankful for who sends me a direct link
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Direct X - 10/24/07 12:23

VGAsave is a standard safe mode driver from windows without hardware acceleration.
You need to open your pc-case or take a look at the manual for your graphic device.
If you know the vendor and name of the card, you can check if it's an Ati or nVidia
or something else and downlaod the driver for it. Maybe it's also an onboard chip,
Intel or S3 or something like.
© 2024 lite-C Forums