Updating (Necessity vs. Prefrence)

Posted By: DeKO_Mania

Updating (Necessity vs. Prefrence) - 11/05/07 05:48

Currently, I am using A6 (latest release). However, I was wondering how important it is to update. I only use GS for hobby design... but would like to stay semi-current (lite-c) for example. Does it make any sense to update?

Thanks
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Updating (Necessity vs. Prefrence) - 11/05/07 08:13

No man , i have both A6.22 and A6.60 , and more or less u can do the same with both. So , to really answer you , for a hobby , you really only need like A5 , LOL, so u dont really need to update , however , I usually keep a stable version and an updated one all the time on my pc. I used to alwasy have 6.31 and another with latest update , when down to 6.22 to be able to use DX8 for making casual games , so now i always keep 6.22 and a fully updated version in case I wanna experiment with new features or something.
Posted By: DeKO_Mania

Re: Updating (Necessity vs. Prefrence) - 11/05/07 09:08

Im not 100% sure you understand that I am talking about updating from A6 to A7, but thank you. I dont usually keep more than one version of GS on my pc, because Im not THAT into it, but its not a bad idea.

Thank you!
Posted By: Tobias

Re: Updating (Necessity vs. Prefrence) - 11/08/07 22:13

It depends on what you want to do. For small games and when frame rate and visual quality is not so important, A6 is ok or even A5. For better visual quality or better frame rate you need new technology, like A7.
Posted By: badapple

Re: Updating (Necessity vs. Prefrence) - 11/13/07 03:47

i keep two versions on my pc as well im addicted to the old model/skin editor
in 6.22 but i also like to see lastest features
© 2024 lite-C Forums