Building

Posted By: Eshodan

Building - 02/15/08 00:28

I have built A level in WED and every time I try to compile the level I get an error. I have the 30 free trial by the way if that makes a diffrence.
Posted By: tompo

Re: Building - 02/15/08 09:50

But what level is this? Your own or from some tutorial? And what error You have?

Re: Building - 02/15/08 19:49

This is the tutorial that you can download off of this site. Compiling is fine it happens when I try to run the level. The error doesn't say any thing it just says "error running level".
Posted By: tompo

Re: Building - 02/15/08 20:58

So give us some link to this tut. How we can help if know nothing?

Re: Building - 02/15/08 22:56

http://download.conitec.net/wed_tutorial_e.zip
The promlem happens when you try and render it and run the level the first time during "first room III" part of the tutorial. Do you think the problem has any thing to do with me haveing the trail version?
Posted By: D3D

Re: Building - 02/15/08 23:09

Tried and can run all the levels without problem. Only first07.wmp needs update to attached script. Did you create your own level or from tutorial? If you are using the level from the tutorial, have you first build (compiled) and then run it? The tutorial should work with the trial edition.

Re: Building - 02/16/08 00:24

I created my own level and yes I compiled it first. When you press run should it come up in a box that says something like this?
scripted1.wdl -nx 30 level.wmb level.wmb
The error says "<LEVEL>WMP>:Can't open file"
Do you think that I might be compiling it wrong?

Re: Building - 02/16/08 00:27

Try with scripted1.wdl -nx 30 level.wmb instead of scripted1.wdl -nx 30 level.wmb level.wmb

Re: Building - 02/16/08 00:29

How do I change it? right in the box?

Re: Building - 02/16/08 00:29

Tried it and seems to work. Most times I run my level from SED and not WED though.

If you load the level from a script and have added this script to your level via map properties you can remove the "level.wmb" in WED engine options window, because it give different result. If not sure, you can remove the whole line in WED engine options window and press OK button.

So in other words: world.c -nx 30 world.wmb

becomes world.c -nx 30

Re: Building - 02/16/08 01:11

Can I run it threw Sed even though I dont have any code yet and by the I still get the error if I change it dirrectly. Do you think that because I have the A6 version tutorial that might be the problem?

Re: Building - 02/16/08 01:20

No because i'm also using A7 and tried it in both A6.60 and A7.07.5 Can you post the content of your script file? Maybe you are not loading the level correct. Also did you attach your script to the level from within WED via map properties?

Re: Building - 02/16/08 03:11

Wow I feel like and idiot. I found the problem, when I ran the file is was running the wrong file. It was just running level.wmp in stead of gamelevel.wmp
© 2024 lite-C Forums