glass

Posted By: DeD

glass - 03/12/08 18:50

can anyone tell me how to make glass windows for my models.
Posted By: ISG

Re: glass - 03/12/08 19:52

You can make windows with a Shader file, which you can probably find somewhere around here. But if your wanting something simple, just look through a few things in the manual. Transparency for example, setting a window model as transparent to a certain number will give you a decent basic outcome.

I don't know if your using Lite-C or C-Script so I can't really give you a snippet.
Posted By: Blink

Re: glass - 03/12/08 20:56

with A6 i just used a separate map entity with a breakable glass script, and a glass texture, and used the transparent flag. it acted like a window for my needs. good luck.
Posted By: DeD

Re: glass - 03/12/08 21:04

im usin c script.
the a5 template.
Posted By: Blink

Re: glass - 03/12/08 21:05

my method should work.
Posted By: Timberwolf

Re: glass - 03/12/08 22:25

Hi Blink,

where can i find the breakable glass script?
It is not in the A7 Templates?

Thx for answer.
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: glass - 03/12/08 22:34

What does the breakable glass script actually do? Is it a way to "explode" a mesh or something because i havent seen any script or functions that can do that realistically.

Another way would be to use a PArray or bomb from 3DS MAX and import the glass smash as an animation. When it is hit by c_trace or something the animation plays and the glass is smashed realistically.

If no1 knows how to export Parray or bomb into MED, then i have a video tutorial coming up...soon...lol...
© 2024 lite-C Forums