Tutorials

Posted By: Masna

Tutorials - 04/02/08 20:13

Well, I bought the commercial 3DGS. I've been using Animation Master for a while so I have a basic CG knowledge. The modeling interface seems similar, yet more challenging. I don't really have any understanding of how to navigate or program. I could go on about my incompetence but i'll skip it. Does anyone of any good tutorials for EXTREME newbies?

Thanks,
Masna
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Tutorials - 04/02/08 20:58

http://www.christian-behrenberg.de/projects/Rudi/rudi.html

Here you can find a good step by step tutorial how to make a complete game with gamestudio. The Rudi project, including all sources and the workshop have been kindly provided by Christian Behrenberg, a.k.a. HeelX.

Re: Tutorials - 04/02/08 21:09

Hey Uhwerk,
Thanks for the link but theres only one problem.... I can't read german. \:\( Guess I should add I live in the US on my account.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Tutorials - 04/02/08 21:53

There is the Acknex Magazin with many issues and a huge collection of step by step tutorials and tips, there is the Resource Site, there are the magnificent tutorials from the user Kinji (now Kinji_2007).
The links to the first two are at the bottom of the forum's page, called "resources" and "magazine". Don't know where the Kinji tutorials are hosted at the moment.

EDIT: These are not about programming about Lite-C but C-Script, what is the older still common script language of the engine.

Re: Tutorials - 04/02/08 22:03

Thanks for the help! \:D

Re: Tutorials - 04/02/08 23:53

Sorry, Masna, that was somehow dumb of me... O.o

Re: Tutorials - 04/02/08 23:54

No, it's fine. Most of the people on this forum are German. (From what I can tell)

Re: Tutorials - 04/03/08 04:12

But only very few of them have New Jersey as location in their profile... ;\)
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Tutorials - 04/03/08 21:20

Hi Masna,

I am sorry that the workshop is only available in German language, though. If you are looking for something special - contact me via PM or IM. The whole source, though, is written in english with english comments, so you should be able to figure it out.

\:\) I hope that it helps you a bit.

Cheers,
Christian

Re: Tutorials - 04/04/08 02:00

Thanks Christian,

I'm learning the workshops now so hopefully i'll get better at 3DGS.
P.S. Love the games. \:D

Masna
Posted By: unit

Re: Tutorials - 04/04/08 09:44

just downloaded the free version so looks like we'll be learning together :P i've previously been using the Game Maker utility to make 2D RTS and RPG type games but needed to venture into the 3D world..

guess i'll see you out there..

Re: Tutorials - 04/04/08 23:26

Hey Unit,
Glad to see I'm not the only newbie out there. \:\) I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who thinks lite-c is gibberish. (For now of course.)
© 2024 lite-C Forums