Texturing

Posted By: Masna

Texturing - 05/01/08 22:21

How exactaly do I create textures? (I'm using the designing workshop.) I made an image I want to apply to a model via Photoshop Elements 5.0. I tried creating a new skin in order to apply the immage. I then chose the "..." button next to "texture file", but it wouldn't allow me to select the picture. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
Posted By: Quad

Re: Texturing - 05/01/08 22:22

texture file must be either bmp,tga or dds.

Re: Texturing - 05/01/08 22:45

Thanks!

Re: Texturing - 05/01/08 22:57

Alright, I have the model in place. Now (and this has to be the most stupid question ever) how do i confirm the skins changes?

Re: Texturing - 05/01/08 23:06

when you do changes in skin settings screen it applied automatically.

to apply skin on the model, select the part of the model (or whole model) that you want to apply skin, and in texture manager press set skin.

If texture doesnt appear or your model turns into a single color or some gets set of stripes, then your model is not unwrapped(not uv mapped), and this is a whole big thing itself on modelling process

modelling-unwrapping-creating textures-rigging-animating.

Re: Texturing - 05/02/08 02:11

For some reason the texture isn't being applied. I first set the Set Skin button, I set up the skin accordingly, but the changes are not made in the MED window. Is there an apply skin button I'm not seeing?
Posted By: Alan

Re: Texturing - 05/02/08 08:59

I had the same problem a few weeks ago - I was just going through the game-design-tutorials, just as you are, and for *some reason* MED would not apply the skin for the legs of my model although they were placed correctly in the skin-editor. Couldn't solve the problem up to now, maybe this is one of MEDs bugs. It would be great if somebody could help us out.

Greetz!

Alan

Re: Texturing - 05/02/08 09:46

after getting texture from skinn settings, you must select the model or some parts of it (that you want to apply skin), then hit the set skin button. It stands for apply. As I say in one of the prev. posts, if your model still not getting textured, this means it is not uv mapped.
Posted By: Alan

Re: Texturing - 05/02/08 10:49

I think you may have misunderstood us. We (or - at least I in my case) use only *one* skin with all elements needed on it. It works fine for all other parts, excluding one. I tried it several times, over and over again, it didn't work so i gave up. However, this mistake never appeared again, don't know whether it had something to do with the model or not. Just wanted to point out that things like that *can* happen in MED - although the user did everything correctly.

Greetz!

Alan
Posted By: Paul_L_Ming

Re: Texturing - 05/03/08 14:59

Hiya.

Alan, were you using 3DS MAX? If so, I've found it to do some weird stuff sometimes; mainly, 'flipping' the normals of a bunch of polygons. To see if max is doing this, right-click on the viewport word ("Perspective", "Front", etc.) and look at your settings; make sure "Force 2-sided" is NOT checked.

My guess, off hand, is that the UV map is 'correct', but the actual model faces that don't seem to be getting the texture are 'flipped' (re: normals facing inward, not outward). Just a guess though... \:\)
Posted By: terraqueo

Re: Texturing - 06/25/08 06:09

I have the same problem

I have imported my textures to WED but after I select a 3Dmodel and choose
a texture, it is not aplied.

I think this part of WED program is not very good, in 3dsmax or Rhino3d the texture window is better.

I will try until I find the solution and hope someone can help
Posted By: Rondragor

Re: Texturing - 06/25/08 09:40

I have the Problem while importing obj-files made with MAYA. No Textures. "apply" not avaiable...
© 2024 lite-C Forums