Problem in WED

Posted By: Rav Singh

Problem in WED - 11/04/08 15:08

Sorry if this topic has been answered before, I can't seem to find anything using the forum's search. I create a simple hollow box in WED and when I build a map, I get 2 walls that are brightly lit even though I haven't added any lights. When I uncheck "create meshes" and rebuild the map, everything turns up fine. My understanding is that for A7, it's best to leave the "create meshes" option checked ... can someone tell me why this is happening?

Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 17:22

Have you tried moving the camera inside the box and not in one of the walls?
Also check if you have the sun turned on.
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 17:49

var sun_light = 0; or sun_light = 0;

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 18:01

Hello, you are right it was the sun causing the problem ... however I don't understand why the sun would do that kind of effect inside a sealed hollow room (the camera is inside the room)?? Also disabling the sun is not the solution e.g if the sealed room had a door, outside scene would not be rendered correctly without the sun.

You can download the project from here (you need to wait for about 1 minute before the download button appears) :-

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=bkgflly222c
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 18:05

If it is a hollow block, with four walls then the pic you showed us, shows that the camera is in the wall not in the room.

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 18:09

I purposely move the camera back so you could see the room in the picture ... did you download the above project to have a look? Any help appreciated.
Posted By: sadsack

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 18:39

I tryed to download your file, could not, all it did was get taken me from one page to a nother with adds. no download. If you want me to look at it send it to me.
renny

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 18:54

Hello sadsack I have sent it.

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 21:43

I got it.
renny
Posted By: falagar8

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 22:09

YaY!! smile

you never had it in the first place. smile
<joke,joke>

Re: Problem in WED - 11/04/08 22:56

Yes I did...............when I was young.

Re: Problem in WED - 11/06/08 10:48

This thread has been answered here :-

http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=234961#Post234961
Posted By: pewpew

Re: Problem in WED - 11/06/08 11:44

i am having a problem in WED... any model i put into a level... it just says cannot load "whatever.mdl" when the game runs....

just inserting 1 model of any type - EXCEPT the pre existing cubes/primitives etc. that exist in WED already...

is there anything you are supposed to tick before u compile your level with a model in it??
© 2024 lite-C Forums