Fullscreen just crashes

Posted By: Tiles

Fullscreen just crashes - 11/30/08 11:55

I think i need a bit help here. I cannot run a Gamestudio Game in Fullscreen. All i get is switching back to desktop and a malfunction warning followed by a D3D crash. No matter what i do.

I get the following messages:

First i thought it is because of 7.60 and a newer DirectX version. I have installed the November release of DX then. And was curious enough able to run the stuff in fullscreen then. But now i am back at this problem. I cannot run GS Games in fullscreen anymore.

System spec. : AMD Athlon X2Dual Core, Processor BE-2400 2.31 GHz. 2GB Ram. NVidia Geforce 8600 GT with 512 Mb Videoram. Samsung Syncmaster 206 BW, a Flatscreen 22" with 1680x1050 resolution.

I have installed newest Nvidia graphics card drivers (178.24). And as told also the newest DirectX 9C release from this month.

Somebody an idea what to do?

Re: Fullscreen just crashes - 12/01/08 12:06

Okay, seems that my D3D driver is out of order. I tried to test D3D in DX Diagnostics, and all i get is a warning that i have cancelled the test by a keypressing. Which i have of course not.

But DX installer tells me that i have newest DX and has no posibility to install DX again. And i cannot find a way to uninstall DX neither.

Any ideas how to proceed? I would be happy for any hint.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Fullscreen just crashes - 12/01/08 12:33

try installing latest nvidia driver 180.something.

Re: Fullscreen just crashes - 12/01/08 13:08

Ah, you brought me onto the right track. I have already had the newest nvidia drivers installed. 178.24 is the newest available one even under betas. And that is the one that makes trouble. I have installed older drivers now and then it works again. Many thanks smile
Posted By: Quad

Re: Fullscreen just crashes - 12/01/08 13:11

oh you are right. 180 only shows up when you select 9 series.

Re: Fullscreen just crashes - 12/01/08 18:06

Not the driver, unfortunately. Now it refuses to work again. Random. Points in direction of hardware. Not nice ...

Anyways, thanks for your help smile
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Fullscreen just crashes - 12/01/08 18:17

Hi,

Try to re-install DirectX, if nothing happends, contact Microsoft.

Re: Fullscreen just crashes - 12/01/08 18:44

Thanks for the idea, was also one of my first thought: But i cannot reinstall Direct X. There is no way to.

Anyways, the problem is back. Means this is a random one. And random errors points in direction of Hardware. Me money, i see it going ... laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums