Beginner Tutorial Video Lessons! (FREE)

Posted By: laugheazy

Beginner Tutorial Video Lessons! (FREE) - 12/03/08 05:20

Go to www.gm-help.net. This site stands for Game Making - Help. Here I explain how to work with 3D Game Studio, and how to use the built in templates to get started quickly. All free videos you can download and keep forever! I plan on doing more tutorials in the next few days. Also I use many engines at the momment so there will be a lot of tutorials on those as well.
Posted By: The0ne

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/05/08 22:56

Very nice man. I already knew most of it, but good lessons there.

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/07/08 03:17

Thank you. Be sure to check back though, I plan on making a little more advanced videos later on.
Posted By: pewpew

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/07/08 13:04

very good idea. nice site too. off the bat, do u know anything about the physics engine in 3dgs? i cant seem to get a simple tank vehicle to drive along terrain frown
Posted By: kingsaw

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/07/08 19:47

hey i saw your tuotirls for 3d game studio there good but on the one where you add a enemies and gun and player i go to map properties and add the script old a5 script that you told on the tutorial but i click ok and it says invalid name simple room.wdl when im currently on the project filewhat is wrong.

also when i follow the first tutoiral for 3d game studio makin a room i have a room and a position but i click build and then run it says this

run level
engine options
simple room.wmb -nx 30 room.wdl room.wmb room.wmb room.
i click ok and it just shows up a black box #
nothing else and i am following the tutoirals as they are on the vids.
whats wrong

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/08/08 22:21

@ pew I honestly haven't dealt with physics yet in 3DGS. But I'm sure I can figure it out. You just want a tank to be able to drive on terrain you created. Are you using any terrain programs? If you keep getting invalid name, just try to name it something else. See if that helps.

@King You saved it as simpleroom, and also made sure you use default settings when trying to run? And you did add the scripts as stated? I'm guessing your referring to the first video? Hmm. Black box. Did you be sure to position the position of your camera, or the position of your player inside the geometry? And made sure nothing was outside? And did you add your own lights?

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/09/08 16:14

well i did do it rightjust i heard theese problems are very commen

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/09/08 16:16

where do i get all the free models,textures that you get with it. 3d game studio.

cos i did not get any textures or models with my 3d game studio so can you upload them to a site or something

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/09/08 21:34

They should be in
C:/program files / Gstudio7 / prefabs

there should also be others in
C:\Program Files\GStudio7\template_6

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/11/08 15:30

i dont like your new site gamedev.net it is awful are you even the owner of it and wheres the 3d game studio section

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/11/08 15:31

are you still doing the tutorials for 3d game studio

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/11/08 23:57

Nope gamedev.net is definitley not mine. My site is moving servers, as well as being updated by a web site designer. So everything is still going as far as I'm making more videos, and site should be ready shortly.

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/12/08 12:57

ok good to here that.
also i got my errors fixed
so im just waiting for the next tutoiral for 3d game studio

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/14/08 17:44

when will the site be done cos i cant wait for more great tutorials from you on 3d game studio.

if you have already done the next 3d game studio tutoiral upload it to megaupload or youtube and send me the link.
Posted By: saikyo

Re: Need Help Getting Started? - 12/29/08 16:53

i'm new here,and like the guy above i would like links to your tutorials "all if possible" youtube is fine with me i can download from it =)
© 2024 lite-C Forums