Problems

Posted By: Minime

Problems - 01/25/09 00:58

Hi I have read the 24 step tutorial, but I'm still wondering how to get an model into Lite-C, can anyone help me?
Also where do I find the "manual"?, are there any other tutorials that you would recommend for me?
Posted By: DC9

Re: Problems - 01/25/09 15:45

From the manual
"Entities can be created in three ways:

* by placing them in the level by WED,
* by creating them in the level at runtime through the ent_create instruction,
* by defining them through an ENTITY* definition in the script (models and sprites only)."

A link to the online manual is in the list of links at the top-left of this forum.

Additional tutorials are available in the AUM magazines (thanks George!), at the Wiki link, at the Download link, and throughout the forums.

cheers,
Posted By: Harstad

Re: Problems - 01/25/09 16:11

Hi minime, I have created some posts, take a look at those codes I have gotten help with. it helps
Posted By: Tobias

Re: Problems - 01/25/09 17:40

If you have read the 24 workshops, read again, because I'm pretty sure that both of your question are already answered at the very beginning of workshop 1.

http://www.conitec.net/litec/work01.htm

Re: Problems - 01/28/09 11:45

So I create the model or import the model in MED,save it in the right format that Lite-C use and? I'm sorry it's here I get stuck, please help me out
Btw are there any plugins or anything that you recommend me to install?
Posted By: Harstad

Re: Problems - 01/28/09 12:02

Try adding this line into your function main ()
ent_create (STRING* filename, VECTOR* position, NULL)

---------------------------------------------------------
STRING* filename = the name and filetype of your character. ("New_Person.mdl") //use the ".

VECTOR* position says it self doesnt it? ( example vector(150, 0, 0) //places the entity at that position.

NULL, when you have made an animation, you should place the actions name into this.

Hope you understand that;) I'm new to this too, but I've gotten this far:P

Posted By: Quad

Re: Problems - 01/28/09 12:04

yeah, sort of.

you import it to med, save şt and lite-c can use it. -> video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lxft1ML05U&feature=channel_page

once you completed importing,you can use one of the ways listed by DC9

Re: Problems - 01/28/09 21:04

THanks guys, I would never learn this without you, your the best

Re: Problems - 01/31/09 22:19

Ok, if you wanted to make a scene with a black background and one model that doesn't do anything besides being there what would the code for that be?
Posted By: Widi

Re: Problems - 01/31/09 22:47

You don`t make the workshop? --> DO IT !!!!

Re: Problems - 02/01/09 00:28

yes but I didn't find the correct code which I did now, so hopefully I'll make it without problems
Posted By: Widi

Re: Problems - 02/01/09 11:07

1: screen_color.x
2: Entities

Re: Problems - 02/01/09 11:12

Thanks but now my problem is that the model won't show itself when I run the script, but if I use another model like the MIG from the workshops it works fine
© 2024 lite-C Forums