Newbie problems

Posted By: Vanashe

Newbie problems - 05/25/09 15:28

Yeah, I feel like a complete idiot for having to ask this, but I'm trying to learn how to use the WED and hitting a brick wall. I downloaded all the tutorials and I'm following along just fine, until I hit the point where the tutorial asked me to run the level I'd created, at which point I just render a big blue screen with a black blob in the upper left corner. I didn't encounter this problem when running the prebuilt OUTDOOR test level, so what am I doing wrong?
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Newbie problems - 05/25/09 15:40

Build you level. (Maybe...)

Re: Newbie problems - 05/25/09 17:40

I did, unless I'm not doing the build right? Is there any options I need to make sure are checked/not checked when I build to make sure it builds right?
Posted By: dakilla

Re: Newbie problems - 05/25/09 18:20

using the defaults is normally ok, then just click build bsp map. so i dont think that building it is the problem. other than that, i have no idea what the problem is

Re: Newbie problems - 05/25/09 19:07

The tutorial mentioned some kind of potential problem with the GLX. It said that if I couldn't render, then I needed to go into options and switch it to the software renderer instead, but the option it told me to select wasn't available. Any idea what that might be about?
Posted By: KiwiBoy

Re: Newbie problems - 05/25/09 23:32

Do you have a 'Main' script to run your file?
Posted By: Ottawa

Re: Newbie problems - 05/25/09 23:34

Hi!

Do you have a camera in your level?
Where is the camera in your level?

In what direction is it pointing?

Ottawa smile
Posted By: warkarma

Re: Newbie problems - 05/25/09 23:53

try adding light smile maybe its to dark in the level smile

Re: Newbie problems - 05/26/09 06:02

Well, I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I finally got it working. At some point I finally came to the conclusion that I must have tweaked a setting somewhere that was causing it not to build correctly, so I simply started over from scratch and everything works now! Thanks for all the suggestions anyways. smile
Posted By: atari98

Re: Newbie problems - 05/26/09 11:36

Thx
© 2024 lite-C Forums