Question about physic engine

Posted By: DarkSoul

Question about physic engine - 10/14/09 12:05

Hello, in my videogame I'm using the physic engine of 3DGS. All is perfect, but when I move the character, sometimes falls from his mouth, is there any way to keep the character it stable?
Thanks!
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/14/09 12:49

You have two solutions:
Use Newton.
Buy PhysX wrapper.

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/14/09 13:01

Can not I fix it with physic engine of 3DGS or other command of 3DGS?. Where do I get the wrapper to Newton physic?
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/14/09 13:17

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=293810&page=1
Posted By: Fisch

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/14/09 13:21

What do you want to do exactly?
Try to disable physics for playerentity, move it and enable it again.
For basic gravity you can use the following:
Quote:

VECTOR* pl_dist;
pl_dist.x = (key_w - key_s)*time_step;
// Make a tracedown:
pl_dist.z = c_trace(player.x, vector(player.x, player.y, player.z - 4000), IGNORE_ME | IGNORE_PASSABLE);
c_move(player, pl_dist.x, nullvector, GLIDE);

I would prefer this.

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/15/09 20:00

But for example, the c_move command does not working, the character does not move, only moves once but again return to the previous position.
I'll try with newton physic.
Thanks for your help!
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/15/09 20:51

You need to wait a frame after disabling the physics and moving the Entity with c_move before you can enable the physics again.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/16/09 18:34

secondly, you dont move physics entities with c_move, you apply forces, check the manual about phent_addforcelocal [or whatever it is] and yes you can fix it, the 3dgs physics engines isnt as unstable as the users here make it seem

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/19/09 16:06

I know that the entities are moved by applying a force, but it seems 3DGS physics is limited. I'm testing the physics of Newton.
Thanks for your comment!

Re: Question about physic engine - 10/29/09 04:28

Hi!, I return to physic of 3DGS, the Newton Physics is very complicated for I want to do.
When creating the physic with physic engine of 3DGS, have a cube invisible that limited my area of interaction, this can be removed??
And other question... I return to the first questions.
My character falls forward when walking, he falls from mouth!, can this be prevented?, my character can remain always standing?. I'm confused :S
Thanks
© 2024 lite-C Forums