question about AR

Posted By: Darkmax

question about AR - 01/29/10 21:42

anyone known if gamestudio can do such thing(Augmented reality)?

if some one know how to do it please share how to do it?

Im looking forward in develop game in augmented reality
Posted By: Widi

Re: question about AR - 01/29/10 22:12

I am not sure if i understand you right (augment = make bigger ?), but with ENTITY.scale_x (y/z) you can change the size of a Entity.

My language is german, so if i understand false, then sorry...
Posted By: Lion_Ts

Re: question about AR - 01/29/10 23:00

i think, the GS isn't right tool to do real-time mixed reality.
Posted By: the_mark

Re: question about AR - 02/14/10 19:16

Well, there we go - Augmented Reality again.
To cut it short, I was working as a salesman in the AR business field some time ago, that gave me a little background.
Anyone who wants to read and see more about AR might be inclined to look at the sites of Total Immersion in France or similar companies.

Back on topic:
In theory, A7 could be able to do or at least support AR. Current professional AR projects in most cases use 3D engines, e.g. the OGRE Engine. The trick for A7 would be adding a live video feed to the engine and get to converge real world and virtual world coordinates to match, using a marker of choice (I won't go into discussing markerless or other means of tracking right now, that would go to far).

Most probably, this all could be done if somebody takes the time to make a decent plug-in or environment which uses A7 as a rendering engine.

As I said, "in theory", because before someone might set out to do so, there has to be either the need for that (and there are already many AR-resources around) or somebody with enough time and kneeness on hand.

Until that happens, we'll wait an see.

All my best,
The_Mark
© 2024 lite-C Forums