How to make a sword effect

Posted By: mygame4

How to make a sword effect - 04/23/10 03:30

Here is a picture example:

or like this:

or the effect is like some kind of sparkling particles .
I tried to search in the forum, but I don't know what the the technical term for this common sword effect is, so some one please give me an answer or can show me where I can get the answer. Thank you laugh

Re: How to make a sword effect - 04/23/10 04:26

I am waiting, maybe it's a good idea to check it tomorrow:)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How to make a sword effect - 04/23/10 08:38

hmmm, in the second pic (the first cant be displayed) i would say you need atleaste the BEAM function wich is only available in Commercial and Pro Version.
What Version do you got?
Posted By: Blink

Re: How to make a sword effect - 04/23/10 10:59

did you look at the Acknex Unlimited site? there is a great code there that does that exact thing. you might have to covert to A7, but it works great, i have used it.
Posted By: bart_the_13th

Re: How to make a sword effect - 04/23/10 11:46

I'm pretty sure that you can make this using models...

Re: How to make a sword effect - 04/23/10 13:30

Thanks man, I should look up it first and I got what I want now. However, when I open sword.mdl, it gives me an window said In invalid argument was encountered, but when I run it, everything is OK. I don't know why. And since it's A6.4 version, so do you have any suggestions to make this follow the new version?

Re: How to make a sword effect - 04/23/10 13:36

Thanks, I am using the free version since I am a novice, and I will upgrade it later... However, I found the beam function on the manual, that's what I want too.
Posted By: Widi

Re: How to make a sword effect - 04/23/10 14:11

BEAM not work with the free version. Only com and pro...

Re: How to make a sword effect - 04/24/10 13:42

The one from AU resources doesn't work in A7, could someone tell me how to fix it?
© 2024 lite-C Forums