Outdoor level template problem

Posted By: numbnut

Outdoor level template problem - 08/06/10 19:45

Hello there

I have just purchased Gamestudio extra and I'm trying to go through the Outdoor level template. Following the tutorial. As soon as I try to run a level it crashes and gives me the error code: E1513, and then says: Crash in main: SYS

I have looked throught the FAQS and checked that my DEP is at its default setting.

At this point I have not done anything to the tutorial files.

Has anybody got any suggestions about how I can deal with this problem?
Posted By: Muhsin

Re: Outdoor level template problem - 08/07/10 12:42

are you sure you just purchased gamestudio extra?

because it has been free for a long time now..

- Muhsin Kaymak

Re: Outdoor level template problem - 08/08/10 07:33

Ive got the $99 version from the 3dgamestudio website. If thats free then it looks like I should have done more research before buying.

In the mean time I'm still struggling to get that tutorial to work.
Posted By: Tobias

Re: Outdoor level template problem - 08/08/10 09:07

It is not free.

Are you using A7 or A8? When you just bought it, your key works with both but you should better use A8, it's newer. The outdoor level was in A7 only.

It is known that the last A7 version crashed with A6 map entities. So until there is a new A7 patch you must recompile the map entities with A7. I think there were many A6 map entities in the outdoor level.

Re: Outdoor level template problem - 08/17/10 13:05

Thank you for your responses so far, I'm still having problems.

When I click on the about tab it tells me its "Gamestudio Extra 7.86 / WED V6.944"

Im reasoanbly sure I have A7, so the A6 map entity possibility may be worth investigating.

Ive tried experimenting with the "build map" options in the hope that this would resolve any issues, but I still have the same problem.
Posted By: 3dgs_snake

Re: Outdoor level template problem - 08/17/10 14:11

Hi,

Try to download the patch in the download page (A7.86 patch), perhaps it will solve your problem (I had the same problem with the carlevel).

Re: Outdoor level template problem - 08/18/10 08:58

I just applied the patch and that solved my problem - Thanks snake for that suggestion, I really appreciate this.
© 2024 lite-C Forums