A new Zelda/FF6/Pokemon style game

Posted By: manttoni

A new Zelda/FF6/Pokemon style game - 08/12/10 10:20

Hi,

I've again started another project with GameStudio after failing with all the previous ones grin Now i'm asking a thing that i can't figure out myself.

I want to make a 2D game with Zelda/FF1-6/Pokemon graphics. How will I make the collision thing? And how can I do the interacting thing? Like when i walk in front of a barrel and "use" it and it says "its empty". Same with doors and people and items.

And is there a good 2D animation program?

Thanks!
Posted By: Ich_bin_Batman

Re: A new Zelda/FF6/Pokemon style game - 08/12/10 11:18

Read the AUMīs from 80-86 (I think so :D)
Theres a 2D Workshop.

But 3DGS in not that good as RPGmaker in 2D.
Posted By: Ottawa

Re: A new Zelda/FF6/Pokemon style game - 08/13/10 18:35

Hi!

Don't forget to do all the tutorials.
The time that you will take to do them will save you time later on.;)
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: A new Zelda/FF6/Pokemon style game - 08/13/10 18:44

Originally Posted By: Ich_bin_Batman
Read the AUMīs from 80-86 (I think so :D)
Theres a 2D Workshop.

But 3DGS in not that good as RPGmaker in 2D.

3DGS is much better, but for what you want to do, it MAY be easier to use the RPG maker, but you do not have as many features.
Posted By: Ich_bin_Batman

Re: A new Zelda/FF6/Pokemon style game - 08/13/10 19:28

Ne, sorry aber da kann ich dir nun wirklich nicht zustimmen.Was 2D angeht ist RPG Maker und meiner meinung auch Gamemaker dem 3DGS um einiges vorraus.Es ist einfacher du hast recht ,um einiges sogar.Und darin liegt der Unterschied in 3DGS gibt es in sachen 2D kein einziges Feature das der RPGMaker nicht hat.
Und darraus ziehe ich das Fazit.Du kannst mit weniger Zeitaufwand mehr erreichen.
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: A new Zelda/FF6/Pokemon style game - 08/13/10 19:54

Dont forget:

Since RPGMAker XP, it has an own scriptlanguage that allows you to extend everything in any game related direction.
© 2024 lite-C Forums