Particles ZNEAR?

Posted By: tzw

Particles ZNEAR? - 01/16/11 06:37

hi,folks.i use particles as my weapons'muzzle because create a entity as muzzle is so slow that can not be set the correct position. But problem is the particles always be clipped out when the player near the wall.so is it possible to set the particles like entity's ZNEAR to prevent clipping by walls or other entities?
well,i am chinese. my english is very poor. please help me!

Re: Particles ZNEAR? - 01/16/11 09:42

help me please
Posted By: 3run

Re: Particles ZNEAR? - 01/16/11 10:04

Dude, using entities as a muzzleflash is a way comfortable, and setting it in right way is very easy, BTW you can set ZNEAR flag on it. To see an example, search for AUM's weapon workshops (from 58 to 60 I guess). And it's not that slow, really, all current games are using sprites not particles laugh
Posted By: snake67

Re: Particles ZNEAR? - 01/16/11 10:05

Hi

I would use a sprite or better a model for the muzzle effect. I made a tut some time ago (download link at bottom is dead). Butr the tut is still usable:
Snake67's Muzzle Flash Tutorial

to late smirk

Re: Particles ZNEAR? - 01/16/11 10:30

well, i have tried to create the spirite at runtime--which is a only 3kb tga picture.but it ...well,when the player is moving,the muzzle can not "catch" up with the player,especially the weapons function's loop is too long(because of lots of guns). your tut give me another way make it, thx a lot
Posted By: 3run

Re: Particles ZNEAR? - 01/16/11 12:23

You are welcome laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums