Add Model > Blank dont see anything.

Posted By: nomis23uk

Add Model > Blank dont see anything. - 06/17/11 20:39

Hello,

Im trying to add a mdoel to my new map one of the default / template models but dont see a list...

like wise with behavours dont see any from the list...

I have gone to map properties and created a new script file but still no joy.

help please somone..im following the official wed tutorial and cannot really go anyfuther without there being a model in my map.

nomis.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Add Model > Blank dont see anything. - 06/17/11 21:49

WED needs to know in which folder it shall look for the models.

In WED there is a list at the left side with 3 registers, one is called presets:
in the manual --> WED --> Presets window -->
"Add Path Adds a new folder to the folder path. Subseqently, sound and entity files from that folder are available in the Add Object menu. The new folder is stored in a PATH statement in the WDL project file. This way the engine also gets access to the folder when running the script. A .c script must be set up in Map Properties for adding a folder."

Hope this helps.

Re: Add Model > Blank dont see anything. - 06/17/11 22:18

Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
WED needs to know in which folder it shall look for the models.

In WED there is a list at the left side with 3 registers, one is called presets:
in the manual --> WED --> Presets window -->
"Add Path Adds a new folder to the folder path. Subseqently, sound and entity files from that folder are available in the Add Object menu. The new folder is stored in a PATH statement in the WDL project file. This way the engine also gets access to the folder when running the script. A .c script must be set up in Map Properties for adding a folder."

Hope this helps.

What I dont get is what .c script do I need in place. I get a choice of:

flythrough
lite_c project
Template_project
Empty Scriopt

I see the above with tick boxes beside them when I go to map proptertise new script.

I see the paths in presets...I guess thats why I dont see models as its pointing....to the wrong path?

Re: Add Model > Blank dont see anything. - 06/17/11 22:43

ah ha!

turns out there are no mdls in the game dir by default. I had to extract them from the tutorials ive been reading and moving them into the game root dir in a folder I named models....

then add that folder to the presents.

now I can use add model and I actually see models now.

dont know if this is the correct solution but its a work around.

just wish I where the behavours where now so I can add a custom path for that some how because its blank...want to use the default player_walk behavour frown
© 2024 lite-C Forums