Transparent block?

Posted By: The_KING

Transparent block? - 08/08/13 14:49

Hi, guys

I want to make some blocks (which represent glass) transparent. How can I do that? I know I can make a material file whose alpha is ,for example, 50 and attach it to the block ,but I don't know how to do it....

Also, I want to make a block transparent without adding a material as I want to keep its texture......

So, there are two questions here:
1) How to make a block transparent using a material file as I don't know how to create a material file?

2) How to make a block transparent without using materials?

Thank you for reading & any help would be appreciated
Posted By: sivan

Re: Transparent block? - 08/08/13 16:44

set the entity TRANSLUCENT flag. or maybe in case of blocks there is a checkbox in the properties panel something like TRANSPARENT in WED...
Posted By: The_KING

Re: Transparent block? - 08/08/13 19:53

Originally Posted By: sivan
set the entity TRANSLUCENT flag. or maybe in case of blocks there is a checkbox in the properties panel something like TRANSPARENT in WED...

There are no TRANSLUCENT or TRANSPARENT flags for blocks...

Even if, how to manipulate the alpha value?

Re: Transparent block? - 08/08/13 20:32

okay, blocks cannot be transparent sorry. I just read a feature request of it. you should use a sprite or a model, and set in its action script the TRANSLUCENT flag. I don't use blocks and WED...
Posted By: CanadianDavid

Re: Transparent block? - 08/08/13 23:10

If you want to make a block transparent, you will have to assign a material to it in WED. This requires the use of shaders and is only supported in the trial, commercial, and professional versions of Gamestudio.

Another method is to build the block in WED as a map entity and assign an action to it where you can define its transparency (alpha) in SED.
Posted By: rayp

Re: Transparent block? - 08/09/13 07:03

Iam not sure right now, but did u try building the blocks as map entity, then setting its transparent flag ? Some time ago this worked ( for water blocks fex ).

greets

Re: Transparent block? - 08/09/13 08:22

yes, a map entity similarly to models and sprites can be transparent, I use it.
Posted By: rayp

Re: Transparent block? - 08/09/13 09:42

So i remebered right. So easy can it be ^^
Posted By: ratz

Re: Transparent block? - 08/14/13 14:58

try this:

WED -> level -> (click on the block) -> right_klick -> save as "name"
open the "YOUR SAVE BLOCK.wmp" and compile it ...

now you can inport it back to your level
as "add map entity" .. so you can click on transperent wink

dont forget the texture inport before you compile it !
plase make a new folder ift you save your WMP
© 2024 lite-C Forums