Using another programming language with Gamestudio

Posted By: RogerLevy

Using another programming language with Gamestudio - 04/05/06 14:44

I have been interested in using another language with 3d Gamestudio rather than C-Script. Or, rather than completely replacing it, possibly just using another lang. as a supplementary scripting language. Is it possible, and what suggestions do you have of what would be the best way to go about this?
Posted By: Claus_N

Re: Using another programming language with Gamestudio - 04/05/06 18:06

You can wait for Lite-C, which will replace C-script sometime in the future ( @conitec: why not use both languages?? <3 C-script ).
You could also use the SDK, for making plugins in e.g. C++, and (correct me if I'm wrong) Delphi/Object Pascal.
Posted By: RogerLevy

Re: Using another programming language with Gamest - 04/13/06 12:36

could i program an entire game as a dll plugin?
Posted By: MichaelGale

Re: Using another programming language with Gamest - 04/13/06 14:05

I'm currently working on a DLL which binds LUA to GameStudio (and many other things), you have just to call some DLL functions from C-Script, the rest can be handeled in LUA.
Posted By: Filipe

Re: Using another programming language with Gamest - 04/13/06 14:40

you could program an 'almost' entire game as a plugin dll.
the current sdk (non-beta) is not complete, some features are missing and then you must use some c-script. and you need a starting script to open your dll.

the sdk beta (i hope it can become a release version soon) seems to be more complete, but i'm not sure if you could do an entire game whith it, whithout any c-script.
and whith the beta version, i believe you can create your own program and use the engine as a dll.
© 2024 lite-C Forums