Problem with PAths

Posted By: spartan131

Problem with PAths - 07/02/06 18:25

hi, i readd the game design tutorial to learn how to make path for my enemies. I first added a path, then i click vertex move. on the tutorial, it says that i can just click anywhere on the map to create new nodes and make the path. but when i click on a map after i pick vertex move, it creates a node in the center of the WED from the first path node. id doesnt matter where i click, it always creates a path going to the center of the map from my first node. can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong?

Re: Problem with PAths - 07/02/06 21:51

can someone please help me. i just need to know step by step how to correctly put paths for my enemies to follow. i know someone knows how to do this.
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Problem with PAths - 07/03/06 09:13

I want to know how to create path as there is no details in manual.

I want to create path for camera to follow, is it possible?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Problem with PAths - 07/03/06 10:11

The Game Design tutorial is for version 6.40. If you have an older version, like 6.11, path editing was different.

In any case it's described in the manual.

Re: Problem with PAths - 07/03/06 19:58

ok thanks. im using 6.40, so ill just download the manual. thanks..
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Problem with PAths - 07/04/06 00:28

I figured out how to add path in 5.52. Now need to learn the script to control the camera follow it.
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Problem with PAths - 07/05/06 18:01

Quote:

The Game Design tutorial is for version 6.40. If you have an older version, like 6.11, path editing was different

If you have version 6.31, there is also an issue with .dll's, see this thread FIX CAN BE FOUND HERE

Its in the manual?
Quote:

Add Path Places a closed path, which can be used by actors (not supported by all editions). You can give the path a name through Properties; otherwise a default name is created. In Vertex Move mode the waypoints can be created and moved

Are you refering to this? This is the extent of the path editing I found in the manual. The rest of the material seems to just talk about c-scripting path type commands.The above quote can be found in the 6.31 manual under Level editing->WED functions ->Object Menu.
© 2024 lite-C Forums