Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Akow, TipmyPip, tomaslolo), 788 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: testDummy] #89263
10/11/06 14:19
10/11/06 14:19
G
Gamesaint762 Offline OP
Gamesaint762  Offline OP
G

Someone such as me? You dont know me, therefore you cannot make any valid judegements about me. Im not here to play your childish games. As for your code there were more than a few bugs and futher testing revealed these errors. I pay for someone who does quality work, not someone who whines. Trust me none of the code you did can even be used. This is it, Im done with you. Go whine to your momma boy... GS out.

The moderator can feel free to close and lock this thread....

Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: Gamesaint762] #89264
10/11/06 14:40
10/11/06 14:40
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Not that i have anything against you testdummy, but i am the one that had to retake the programming job, an honestly i had to redo it because of an incredible amount of bugs, not to put your work down you an me might just work in different ways, i like to work out bugs while i go, you might do it after words, im not sure, but i cazn see were gamesaint is coming from... like i said it not meant as an offense, just putting my 2 cents in.

Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: Gamesaint762] #89265
10/11/06 14:41
10/11/06 14:41
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Go whine to your momma boy...

Lol, like remarks like this are going to help your image dude ... Infact, I'm not interested anymore, you never paid Testdummy, right? Then you are infact wrong here my friend. He delivered code, I doubt he would send you anything that didn't work, but he kept his part of the bargain when you received code. According to Testdummy you've agreed to pay him, but you didn't ... Why you didn't is none of my buisness, but you didn't pay and that's what I'll remember ...

cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: PHeMoX] #89266
10/11/06 15:06
10/11/06 15:06
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
well the code i recieved when he switched to me worked.... sometimes.... i dont know but personally i wouldn't pay for a buggy program either.

Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: lostclimate] #89267
10/11/06 16:01
10/11/06 16:01
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

well the code i recieved when he switched to me worked.... sometimes.... i dont know but personally i wouldn't pay for a buggy program either.

Off course, however time was invested in making the code .. Time costs money. I understand Testdummys point too, he wasn't out to rip someone off either ... just like Gamesaint wasn't out to rip someone off.

I wouldn't buy badly bugged code either and make sure there's a special chapter in the 'contract' to deal with that (like sort of garuantee a zero to maximum x amount of bugs, otherwise fix the bugs for free, something along that lines. However when it's a machine specific bug, it would be more difficult to come to a suitable agreement or if it's a 'feature incompletion' instead of a bug. If it works, but not the way you want it, now that's where the 'grey area' is ... Usually good communication and clear 'demands' in the agreement solve this.).

Don't get me wrong, I think it's fair to expect more or less bug-free code and perhaps the coder should test the code indeed, so he can indeed say he delivered code that 'worked'.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: PHeMoX] #89268
10/11/06 16:54
10/11/06 16:54
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
well take the menu for instance, it would randomly open up for no reason, when on the menu, if you went to the options menu, well good luck getting back, half the pannels didnt even dissapear when you pressed back, buttons stopped working, when you played if your player went in stealth mode he couldn't do stealth kills but in not stealth mode he could just a lot of things like that, and on a programmers point, his code was all over, very hard to understand, i prefer keeping it split in chunks for easy readability, but that has nothing to do with quality, more preference.

Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: lostclimate] #89269
10/11/06 19:08
10/11/06 19:08
G
Gamesaint762 Offline OP
Gamesaint762  Offline OP
G

My image is not Important. Go and pay for a Car that wont go in reverse or a toaster that burns everything. No one would keep these products. The deal you referred to was for 100% working code, not his time. His time making buggy code is worth my hard earned money? What makes his time more valuable than mine? Did he sweat for my paycheck? I do not and will not pay for code that didnt work and that code I will never use. I can see how a 3rd party would view this as I am the bad guy. @Phemox: I have been using Gstudio for many years and have never cheated or dealt with anyone unjustly. I am not worried if people shy away from working with me, thats their choice. I was simply trying to outsource what I cannot myself accomplish. Judge me if you will but I think my Reputation here in this forum speaks for itself, I dont think anyone can disagree that I have never tried to cheat someone. This is an isolated case that was probably handled badly on my part but the other party chose to bash instead of talk first. Continue to bash if you wish... I have a Game to make... GS out.

Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: lostclimate] #89270
10/11/06 19:10
10/11/06 19:10
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
I think if someone pretested the code , then decided it was good enough to buy , and agreed to pay for it , then you HAVE to pay for it , even if after you receive it it isnt 100% perfect , theres usually always bugs with code , specially certain code in certain situations , which is why games usually have a set programmer and you dont really see people selling scripts like they do models. Now , if GameSaint wasnt happy with the code , he HAD to DELETE it , and hire someone else to write the new code from scratch , if he hired you lostclimate to "rework" or "bug fix" the code he made , then your pretty much saying GameSaint STOLE the code from test dummy , and hired someone to fix up the code test dummy wrote to fit his needs better. You see what you just said lost ? Test Dummy , you should take Saint to peoples court and get your money plus 10*times for stealing from you. I remember Saint talking to me in the past about doing some level work for him , but every time it came down to talk about how much and I stated I needed half in advance , he would change his mind to saying he had some programmers to pay off before he could get some free money , so I never did anything for him , but the whole thing was real shady , as before I mentioned half in advance he would always be describing everything that needed to be done and the level and details and the like , like he was ready to hire someone to make it, very strange behaviour if you ask me.

Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: lostclimate] #89271
10/11/06 19:14
10/11/06 19:14
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

@lostclimate
It seems that Gamesaint762 considers himself to be an artist, and not a programmer, although perhaps, when forced to pay in advance, he may actually pay for art assets instead of producing his own. Unfortunately, Gamesaint762 may think that he requires 'coders' to reach certain inconsistent, unstable, everchanging visions, but he may periodically simply 'use' 'coders' for a short while, then discard them like used tissue paper and thereafter seek to replace them.
It is my understanding that you, lostclimate, are at the very least, the third programmer to work on the project. Although the names of some functions and variables may have been simply replaced by me to fit my coding style, I don't think what you described in your last post was actually written by me, but I doubt that Gamesaint762 would actually know the difference. I stated to Gamesaint762 on at least one occasion that it seemed that there were bugs left in by the previous programmer that I did not necessarily address, but when stating such I don't believe I meant to 'tear down' or 'insult' the previous programmer as you might be doing. From your statements, it seems you might not even know which portions I might have been responsible for and which portions were written by another programmer. Certainly, it is obvious you don't have all the knowledge pertaining to the exact conditions at that time, so I don't see how can make accurate comments in this case.

Again, although I might have renamed some functions and variables, I did not write the base menu code.
I did not write the base stealth code.
It seems that you, lostclimate, really have no problems making claims without checking your facts...but that may now be the trend for this lost thread, a thread I never should have 'touched'.

Re: Character Concept Art-- Paid work [Re: testDummy] #89272
10/14/06 01:36
10/14/06 01:36
E
evolveGame Offline
evolveGame  Offline
E

Gamesaint has contributed several times to eV:G without problem, thought I might just throw that in... He appears mature and trustworthy.

Regards,
evG Staff

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de