Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ayumi), 1,170 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Need help!!! #93623
10/08/06 14:06
10/08/06 14:06
Aaron Offline OP
Aaron  Offline OP

Hi I bought vue5 infint and I made a couple of models to test if I could use it in the gamestudio med and I could but the not ttextures, I made a 3d can with a picture of a monster energy drink in the vue5 it let's you select the area where you want the texture to be diplayed it's an easy way of assinging textures to the model but I save it as .3ds and import it in med it does get imported to med but not textures so it's like a grey looking model seem's I would have to skin the model in med, but I am not fully sure.I their a limit in gamestudio on how high def the textures can be?

Re: Need help!!! [Re: Aaron] #93624
10/08/06 15:05
10/08/06 15:05
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
what file format is the skin in? if is jpg 3dgs won't recognize it. you have to change the format to bmp, tga, or pcx.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Need help!!! [Re: Blink] #93625
10/14/06 15:34
10/14/06 15:34
Aaron Offline OP
Aaron  Offline OP

Thanks that was the problem. I have a question about animation, like I hear their is a script that can attach guns to the model is that true? and if so when I animate the model would I just put the guy is apose position like he is carrying a gun and shooting it but in the animation I have no gun in his hands but I could use that attach script to attach the gun to the hands of my model.
Also for that attachment script would I be able to play different animations depending what type of wepon the guy pick up? like lets say the guy picks up a pistal I would want to make a animation for all pistal type weopns use that animation , but if the guy picks up a rocket launcher I would want to play a different animation then to the one with the pistal. I also
need help on how to animate getting in the car's or an airplane ect, would I need to animat the guy opening the door of the car and jumping in? or could I just animate the car with the animation when you press a button that the door opens.

I know that this is alot fo questions and I don't extect people to hand over tip's but this is to let other people that also have these questions to look here for answers.

Last edited by Aaron; 10/14/06 16:17.
Re: Need help!!! [Re: Aaron] #93626
10/19/06 20:47
10/19/06 20:47
USA
Trooper119 Offline
User
Trooper119  Offline
User

USA
Quote:

Thanks that was the problem. I have a question about animation, like I hear their is a script that can attach guns to the model is that true? and if so when I animate the model would I just put the guy is apose position like he is carrying a gun and shooting it but in the animation I have no gun in his hands but I could use that attach script to attach the gun to the hands of my model.
Also for that attachment script would I be able to play different animations depending what type of wepon the guy pick up? like lets say the guy picks up a pistal I would want to make a animation for all pistal type weopns use that animation , but if the guy picks up a rocket launcher I would want to play a different animation then to the one with the pistal. I also
need help on how to animate getting in the car's or an airplane ect, would I need to animat the guy opening the door of the car and jumping in? or could I just animate the car with the animation when you press a button that the door opens.

I know that this is alot fo questions and I don't extect people to hand over tip's but this is to let other people that also have these questions to look here for answers.

First off, your answer to everything is yes. But as of everything in the scripting world, the way you want to do it is very flexible, and it depends on what you want to do. The way most people seem to handle animation with guns, is you animate your character without the gun, and then you attach the gun through binding one vertex of the gun to one vertex of the person. The way I would do it (in terms of when your animating him) is whenever your going to animate someone interacting with something else, I would first import the object into wherever your working, then I would animate the character as if he was in the real world (this way when you finally input him/her into the world they don't look ackward). I'm not sure if I explained that last part clearly, what I mean is if your character is opening a door to a car, I would import the car to the character model, animate the character to reach for the door handle, then animate both the car door and the person to move as you would like him to with taking into account whether the person/car will be moving in the real world, i.e. if you make your character move off his origional axis, when he enters a walking animation, and that walking animation is on the axis, your character will jump sideways in the game world unexpectedly, to compensate you will have to animate your character on the axis, and code the appropriate movements he would make in game. This is all very complicated to explain without a video to show what I mean so I am personally sorry if this is confusing to you, that is not my intent. Anyway, you will have to code each animation with the appropriate action within your script, (aka, action pick up rocket launcher will have to also activate pick up rocket launcher animation, along with its other attributes). Finally to answer your last question, you can activate your animations with any action, wheter that be by pressing a button or by another script action.

A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it.
--Einstein

Currently Codeing: Free Lite-C

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de