Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 905 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
max > mdl exporting problem #98073
11/08/06 23:01
11/08/06 23:01
Porto Alegre
Gustavo Offline OP
Gustavo  Offline OP

Porto Alegre
I´m using the mdlexporter from sylic, but it´s not showing the export menu. So I can´t export animations, only the current frame.

Anybody can help me?

Anybody can say a word about the Malabar max2mdl? I download the demo and it looks more professional. I´m thinking in change and start to use it inastead the sylic.

Re: max > mdl exporting problem [Re: Gustavo] #98074
11/09/06 01:04
11/09/06 01:04
Porto Alegre
Gustavo Offline OP
Gustavo  Offline OP

Porto Alegre
People,

If anyone here uses the max6tomdl, please, put her the stepes to export an animated max model ro mdl. I remember that there was a tutorial in syilic page, but I don´t find it anymore.

I´m probably making something wrong, this error is absurd. It´s simply dont showing the last menu and is exporting a single frame.

Thanks

Re: max > mdl exporting problem [Re: Gustavo] #98075
11/09/06 02:16
11/09/06 02:16
Malaysia
E
EZzy79 Offline
EZzy79  Offline
E

Malaysia
Hi Gustavo,

I also experienced some of the problems you mentioned. While I can't give the exact detail of what I did (It's been a while since i did that and I can't really remember the steps I have taken) I hope I can give you some pointers on how to export to MDL format from 3DSMAX.

1. I noticed after exporting to MDL format using the mdlexporter, the animation data is missing (Sometimes it is included but I still can't put my finger on the source of the problem). Therefore, to workaround this, I use Panda DirectX Export Plugin for 3DSMAX (www.andytather.co.uk...It's Free!).

When using this exporter please do not use 'Export Selected' function in 3DSMAX when exporting as the animation will be lost as well. Further note, after importing under the 'Microsoft X Format' in the Model Editor, the orientation of the model will be jumbled up when the Importing (last time around, although when I test on the MED 6.814, it seems to work fine), so, when the Import Window comes up, you have to do some transformation by using the 'Transform' option (Can't remember which axis i changed...sorry).

I also find that the initial pose must be reposition although it might be my model problem.

However, another issue crop up, the texture is missing! So you have to export the Texture file in 3DSMAX and apply it on the model inside the Skin Editor. Fortunately the UV Map is still there so it's piece of cake. I haven't tried using multiple texture so I'm sorry I can't help you on that. Anybody who have tried this please inform me also .

Hope this will help you somewhat.

Cheers

Re: max > mdl exporting problem [Re: EZzy79] #98076
11/09/06 09:33
11/09/06 09:33
Porto Alegre
Gustavo Offline OP
Gustavo  Offline OP

Porto Alegre
Thanks, EZzy79!

You point a way to solve the problem, I´ll try.

But I use this exporter, from Sylic, every day in last months and it works fine. There is some instability, somtimes it crashes when is finishing the export process. But it works.

Now it is just "forgeting" to show the menu where we choose the range of frame we want to export and the hiprecsion... it makes no sense, I´m probably doing something wrong or forgeting something.

Well, but I´m considering to change for this malabar max2mdl exporter. The demo looks good and worked ok.

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de