Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ayumi), 1,170 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Newton's engine... #101765
12/10/06 22:40
12/10/06 22:40
Aaron Offline OP
Aaron  Offline OP

Hi I want to know which is better the 3dgs phyics engine or the newton's engine do both have ragdoll effects??? Also I seen this somewhere but is it possible for me to make a house and blow it up and see the house in peices flying showing a big explosion,some like this click the link

The explosion example somthing in this order.

Is that somewhat possible in the 3dgs or newton's engine???

and is their a place where I could learn to use the newton engine with 3dgs??

Thanks for your time.

Re: Newton's engine... [Re: Aaron] #101766
12/12/06 00:18
12/12/06 00:18
Brazil
Carloos Offline
User
Carloos  Offline
User

Brazil
well..

It looks like that is almost impossible in 3dgs, with any physics.

You can make it simpler, and if with an artistic hand, you can do yes nice explosions with 3dgs.

You have to remember that is a PS3 ( ingame ? ) video, a very different spec and approach that 3dgs has.

About ragdoll, I dunno.

Re: Newton's engine... [Re: Aaron] #101767
12/16/06 09:19
12/16/06 09:19
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline
Expert
slacer  Offline
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Hi Aaron,

I would suggest to use several steps to create such explosion.

Preparations
  • House before damage
  • House after damage
  • Tires (animated or physic enabled)
  • Large wooden parts for physic effects
  • Preanimated explosion with lots of tiny parts
  • Sprite explosion / Particle effects
  • Several Soundseffects for explosions

Here we go:
Show your undamaged house in a nice environment and let the player some time to remeber how it looked before the next step start.

Start your animations and sound effects ( fragments bursting out of the building), the animation and lighteffects will cover the original building.
Start some physic actions (just a few parts should use physics) and don't forget to start some noise when those parts hit the ground.
Hide your brand new house and show the damage model of that building.
Start the tire animation, or enable their physics and give them an impulse to start moving a bit.
Maybe you want to leave your smoke particle effects and some fire effects active.

Such an explosion is not simple to create, but you would not want to leave all this to your physics engine (remember you need some cpu time left for your game...). You should always think about how it shoot look like, then how to split this big thing into small parts (physics, animations, particles, sound,...) And finally, don't forget to be sure if you need the effect such big or if it would work if it only a fraction of this.

If it is part of a story, you might want to create this part as a small movie...

Once in a project I had to let a small toilet house explode... It was a funny composition of several effects (physics, sound and animation).

Good luck and keep your ideas in motion (don't give up because it seems to be a big task ((it IS a BIG part ))

-- slacer

Re: Newton's engine... [Re: slacer] #101768
12/20/06 02:15
12/20/06 02:15
Aaron Offline OP
Aaron  Offline OP

Thanks for the reply slacer, It now makes more sense, on doing it what way, it's going to take a while but I wont give up what I alway's do when I get really bord or is I get really frustreated I leave my computer play video games or do something fun and then later come back, so I take my time with these things. I will follow the steps on what I need to do .

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de