Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow), 1,371 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
When proposing a project, what is expected? #102330
12/16/06 01:51
12/16/06 01:51
New England
Jay_Watergate Offline OP
Jay_Watergate  Offline OP

New England
Just recently, I have started on a small beginners project using Gamestudio. I would like to extend an invitation to anyone on this forum who would like to help, but first, what exactly is expected from me? At this point, I have most of a design document, but that is as far as I have gotten so far.

Just so you have an idea on what exactly I am doing:

- The project would be a small, arcade style game mainly for the purpose of learning.
- All help would be at the users descression. If you want to help, fine; for how long is up to you.
- No money would be involved, for either me or anyone else who helps.
- My target would be other new members, so that we could, ideally, learn together.

So, based on that, what exactly should I have up front in order to maintain some symbolance of seriousness?

Regards,
Jay_Watergate

"What is written in stone will remain until dust, but not a year longer." Visit www.deckscapedesign.com to see current design work on our local skatepark.
Re: When proposing a project, what is expected? [Re: Jay_Watergate] #102331
12/16/06 03:23
12/16/06 03:23
K
khanoftruth Offline
khanoftruth  Offline
K

While a post looking for Developers should go into the Jobs Offered section (and many people will tell you so), a non-paid project will not be looked at. Because of this, I would put the invite here or possibly in the Jobs Offered section.

I reccomend that you have a full outline of your game (every game has this before it is made). You need to know where you want to go with your game and what you want to achieve.

Once you have your outline, you need to identify what you need to do (objectives). If you will be doing level design and scripting (hypothetical), then you want someone that can do modeling. You need to tell the forum exactly what you want from them, otherwise it will be like going to a rave.

After that, it's Dev time.

Good luck.

Matt

The Galvanic Productions Hompage: www.GalvanicProductions.tk For our current project, click on the Nirvana link.
Re: When proposing a project, what is expected? [Re: khanoftruth] #102332
12/16/06 04:29
12/16/06 04:29
New England
Jay_Watergate Offline OP

New England
Thank you, kahnoftruth.

Quote:

I reccomend that you have a full outline of your game (every game has this before it is made). You need to know where you want to go with your game and what you want to achieve.

Mostly done.

Something I didn't say before, but I expect to do 90% of this project on my own. I understand that with no monitary motivation, there is little that holds a team together. However, we will see what happens. I will make sure I have the paperwork complete before I post. Thank you.

Regards,
Jay_Watergate

"What is written in stone will remain until dust, but not a year longer." Visit www.deckscapedesign.com to see current design work on our local skatepark.
Re: When proposing a project, what is expected? [Re: Jay_Watergate] #102333
12/16/06 11:07
12/16/06 11:07
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
Although the "paperwork" is quite important for the success of a project, the chance that your job offer will be heard is way bigger if you have something to show.
If you're a modeler show some models.
If you're an artist show some concept sketches.

Best thing would be if you were a scripter and could already present a little gameplay demo/video which doesnt need great graphics or models, just the core gameplay stuff.
If you have that finished it will be easy to implement better graphics, the front-end so to speak.

Good luck with your project!

Re: When proposing a project, what is expected? [Re: Xarthor] #102334
12/16/06 13:14
12/16/06 13:14
K
khanoftruth Offline
khanoftruth  Offline
K

@ Thunder
He he doesn't really want to outsource his work that much. He wants to do most of it by himself.

@Jay
No problem. If you want any help on your project, email me: mttcttrll@snet.net

The Galvanic Productions Hompage: www.GalvanicProductions.tk For our current project, click on the Nirvana link.
Re: When proposing a project, what is expected? [Re: khanoftruth] #102335
12/16/06 16:43
12/16/06 16:43
New England
Jay_Watergate Offline OP

New England
@Thunder
Thank you, that was another question in the back of my mind. How much of this should actually be done before presenting my offer. As khanoftruth said, as did I, I expect that most of the work will be from me. However, keep in mind, this is a beginners project. I have worked on several different small projects before: some modeling, some coding, and some level design. However, none of them have ever yielded a full game. You could say that I know the basics of everything, but do not excel in anything .

@kahnoftruth
Thank you for the offer. When I feel that my proposal is ready, you may expect some more information. You can decide what you want to do from there .

Regards,
Jay_Watergate

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de