Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, chrissierra), 1,306 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19057 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stupid question about heaven #105236
01/04/07 06:12
01/04/07 06:12
ventilator Offline OP
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline OP
Senior Expert

let's say someone's wife dies and he marries again. what will happen in heaven then? with whom will he get reunited and spend eternity? i think it could get ugly if the women met each other. is heaven personalized? could he spend eternity with woman2 and woman1 could spend eternity with him nevertheless (with a kind of copy of him)?

Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: ventilator] #105237
01/04/07 08:02
01/04/07 08:02
Russia
M
Meow Offline
Warez kiddie
Meow  Offline
Warez kiddie
M

Russia
most likely he will be with woman he wants to be with, though heaven may be different for that woman.

Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: ventilator] #105238
01/04/07 11:21
01/04/07 11:21
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
I guess the concept Heaven is flawed hehehe, how about reunion with both woman?

OT: I also wondered what would happen if God would die, off course pure theoretically. Regardsless of wether or not he cóuld die, I was thinking about some of those murdercases in which the police didn't find the body, nor are they sure about a motive or timeframe.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: PHeMoX] #105239
01/05/07 03:34
01/05/07 03:34
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
heres one ive seriously wondered forever, is there sex in heaven? and if so, is there birth too? can human life be created in an eternal place? and what about hell is it that stuff possible there too?

Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: lostclimate] #105240
01/05/07 07:59
01/05/07 07:59
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
--> and what about hell is it that stuff possible there too?

dont know, but i will let you know first as soon as i am there.

i think even the church itself has dropped the "heaven, a place in the clouds" sheme, but its now more a kind of feeling or experience. It not a place where you walk arround and drive fast cars.
Its more like a monday night football game, with some friends, beer, big flat screen and your girlfriend out without your credit card.

And hell must get pretty close to any extended version of any barbara streisand movie retrospective.

and the bottom line: where is the sense of heaven if you have to share eternity with your wife or your ex-wife. God cant be that cruel

cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: Blattsalat] #105241
01/05/07 17:54
01/05/07 17:54
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

God cant be that cruel

God can be a lot of things, how about 'absent'?

Seriously though, at this point the church is making stuff up bigtime .. If the bible's true, then their version of heaven is untrue. Their credibility is questionable to say the least, infact it makes both the bible ánd the church unreliable, since people who had (some) power in church did the (re-)writing and (re-)translating of the bible.

People tend to forget that it's often one and the same.

Cheers

Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: Blattsalat] #105242
01/05/07 17:57
01/05/07 17:57
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
Oh no, there will be a lot of angry women waiting for me.

Quote:

hell must get pretty close to any extended version of any barbara streisand movie retrospective.

I thought heaven would be more like that. Or perhaps like Enya.

Quote:

Its more like a monday night football game, with some friends, beer, big flat screen and your girlfriend out without your credit card

I though hell would be more like that. You are not supposed to have fun in heaven. And perhaps with vampire chicks in black leather with pointy horns and demon tails driving cool sports cars, and rock concerts every night.

Last edited by A.Russell; 01/05/07 18:00.
Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: ventilator] #105243
01/05/07 19:36
01/05/07 19:36
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
The funny thing about this question is that it was asked almost verbatim within one of the accounts of Jesus' life. So I guess it would be appropriate to just quote the text. Its uncanny how closely your question resembles the original:

Quote:

Mar 12:18 Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
Mar 12:19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
Mar 12:20 Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
Mar 12:21 And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
Mar 12:22 And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
Mar 12:23 In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the Scriptures, neither the power of God?
Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Just in case your not familiar with the context basically the Saducees were a group of religious leaders which followed Jesus around trying asking him all these questions to try to ensnare Him. There were also a group of religious leaders called the Pharisees which were quite similar. Eventually these religious groups were responsible for crucifying Jesus by bringing up false charges, and enciting the Romans.

Last edited by NITRO; 01/05/07 19:40.
Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: NITRO777] #105244
01/05/07 19:51
01/05/07 19:51
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Quote:

Eventually these religious groups were responsible for crucifying Jesus by bringing up false charges, and enciting the Romans.

There is of course no historical evidence for any of this, so this should be regarded as mythology.

However, NITRO makes a good point, that in Christianity all such questions have long been answered. You cant trap a good Christian because they have an answer for everything, and any conundrums left over are explained as "mystery".

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Re: stupid question about heaven [Re: NITRO777] #105245
01/05/07 21:28
01/05/07 21:28
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the Scriptures,

From a historical point of view, these parts are interesting, mainly because he doesn't seem to refer to Scriptures he wrote himself. Off course, there are plenty of people who would say this is not suprising, since 'others' wrote down what Jesus said for him, something which can't be proven, but also something which could indicate Jesus was a fictional person. I'll explain why.

In Asian religious literature there are also Gods who talk to people (mainly kings) explaining things in this world to them, these conversations are written down. (There's no archaeological evidence for the existance of those kings)

Within christianity I feel Jesus' character is a bit like one of those kings, only the position of the king asking questions and a God answering is different. Jesus is not the one asking questions, but answering instead. Apart from that, it's equal.

From a psychological point of view, there's no better way to give answers and let people believe it's true, then telling them a story about a conversation through a 3rd person view, having fictional persons ask real questions and let them give 'fictional' answers.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite