Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,459 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
create all players globally or locally? #110525
02/03/07 19:49
02/03/07 19:49
MyOwnKingdom
nipx Offline OP
nipx  Offline OP

MyOwnKingdom
Hi!

Im playing with GStudio's MP part and testing different sorts of player creating and movement. I did:

create the player global and move it on the server.

and

create a gloabel player that is invisible and passabel on the server. He's just a transmitter that sends all required skills(inputs) to all clients. then create ALL players on the clients locally and move them with the given inputs.

Both methods work more or less. The first (global player) lags a bit and the player moves always forward and then backwards. The second works fine without any lags (movement on client) but the position and angles are never exactly the same as on the server or on the other clients. So on one client the player moves and on others he sometimes get stuck in corners... I tried to prevent this by sending every 3s the pos the player has on the server and set the local player to this pos.

What do you think is the better way?
Do you know a better method to adjust the pos?
Or is there a complete other way for moving... I dont know about?

nipx

Re: create all players globally or locally? [Re: nipx] #110526
02/04/07 00:18
02/04/07 00:18
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
For under 10 players and, option one is fine. Let 3DGS do it's thing and usually everyone will have to know where everyone else is.

For over 10 players or full on MMOG, option two is the best. This way you can control who you send information to and who you don't.

Re: create all players globally or locally? [Re: fastlane69] #110527
02/04/07 14:46
02/04/07 14:46
MyOwnKingdom
nipx Offline OP
nipx  Offline OP

MyOwnKingdom
I thought the same.

But what does jcl (manual) mean with:
Quote:

Do not send player angles. Always rotate player entities and camera on the clients

??

I cant connect more then 4 clients (com). So I would use the first method with global players. When I do that I get such laggy game, you cant play it anymore. Even withCode:
dplay_entrate=0;

its unplayable, the player always moves, then fallback. I tried all dplay_smooth, but its still too laggy.

Loco's MP tutrial script is free of any lags and I wonder why. I guess its because he uses blending for smoothing. I cant ues blending because I move just simple blocks in my level. With ent_sendnow(me) every frame its ok, but this isnt a good solution.

Hope you can help me to find a solution for all my beginner problems.

nipx

Re: create all players globally or locally? [Re: nipx] #110528
02/07/07 16:39
02/07/07 16:39
New York
PrenceOfDarkness Offline
Serious User
PrenceOfDarkness  Offline
Serious User

New York
my understanding is that the engine continuously sends information. There is thread by shoreviatom (forgot his name), it explains how if I send information to the server, i'll just be recieving something i sent before.

For example, I send my current pan (23) on frame 1, by frame 2 i my pan is now 26, on frame 3 I recieve the 1st pan back which is again 23, even though i was trying to move to 29. This causes that glitchy/twitchy/laggy look. The delay between sending the information and when you get it back isn't exactly constant so one time it could take 1 frame the next time it could take 2 frames, the 3rd time it could be 3 frames, the 4th it could be 1 frame again. REMEMBER your sending and recieving information for the same entity.

"There is no problem that can't be solved with time and determination." -me
prenceofdarkness for instant messages on AIM.

Looking for a model designer
PLEASE, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE OR EMAIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de