Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,382 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
IntenseX reinstall problems #116122
03/09/07 02:49
03/09/07 02:49
G
galentree Offline OP
galentree  Offline OP
G

IntenseX is one of those programs that you wait anxiously for and are really excited when it finally comes out. Well worth the wait and the price!

Now a bit of info on my experience with the program:
I purchased IntenseX Basic on 02/23/2007. Got my authorization code no problem and installed the program right away. It was my intention to beta test IntenseX and report on the Conitec forum but I do not get as much time as I’d like to use the program.

I had no problem going through the tutorial and making the sample level. I had the player and three enemies added. I could shoot them all and they could shoot me when the game was run. But then I discovered that I could not add any more models to the level.

I could add them and/or copy paste. The new models would show up in Wed but not when the game was compiled and run.

So I started again. This time I added a dozen models before doing anything else. Compiled and ran with no problem. Then I went to File/Project Manager and added IntenseX_Project. But going to the Customize tab only shows the new panel with empty contents.

I can’t think of anything I could have done to screw up the IntenseX_Basic files but I must have done something. So I decided to re-install the program. But the installer would not accept the authorization code when entered. I emailed the IntenseX people and got the same authorization number I used originally on my first install but the installer still would not accept it.

At this point I am lost.

Re: IntenseX reinstall problems [Re: galentree] #116123
03/09/07 10:33
03/09/07 10:33
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello galentree,

I did got your second request, and to be frank i was a bit puzzled why you sent me a second e-mail with the same activation code, within 2-3 weeks time.. I thought for some reason you didn't got my e-mail the first time and waited patiently for 2-3 weeks So I sent it back to you, and also used a yahoo e-mail to send you a copy, in-case your domain had blacklisted mine(it happens..)

Re-installing was the right thing to do, as something seems messed up. When you succeed on re-installing, do the tutorial as normal, and when you finish you should be able to add any other models you want.. Just to be on the safe side, i would give Gstudio a re-install as well(do that before re-installing IntenseX).

Just make sure that you send me an e-mail with the new Activation number you got. The activation number changes every time you run the IntenseX setup.

Cheers!
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: IntenseX reinstall problems [Re: LarryLaffer] #116124
03/09/07 20:10
03/09/07 20:10
G
galentree Offline OP
galentree  Offline OP
G

Thanks very much for the prompt response. I re-installed Gstudio 6 and then IntenseX_Basic. That did the trick. I ran the tutorial I had done earlier just to check out the Project Manager/Customize options and it seems to be working properly now. Thanks!

Are there files from the fresh install that could be backed up and then copied back into the folder to avoid any re-install of the program in the future?

Now I'll re-do the tutorial from the beginning.

Re: IntenseX reinstall problems [Re: galentree] #116125
03/13/07 21:18
03/13/07 21:18
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello,

Good to see everything's working. Feel free to re-install at any time. It's easier than backing up files and soon I'll make the validation system automated, so you won't have to send an e-mail if that's what's bothering you..

Cheers!
Aris

Re: Gun problem may be related to Ozziedave's... [Re: LarryLaffer] #116126
03/16/07 03:05
03/16/07 03:05
G
galentree Offline OP
galentree  Offline OP
G

I don't know, but maybe...

I have redone the tutorial after re-installing IntenseX successfully. I can, and did, add more models now. I added a total of 9 enemies. However, now when I run the game I don't have quite enough bullets to kill all the bad guys, even though I checked "Infinite Ammo" in the player's 'Behavior'. When I run out of bullets (40 bullets total) my gun is "put away" by the player. But I can still shoot and kill the bad guys just as if my gun was still there.

Re: Gun problem may be related to Ozziedave's... [Re: galentree] #116127
03/20/07 19:26
03/20/07 19:26
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hi galentree,

Good catch! There's a bug with the player's infinite ammo flag indeed. I have this fixed here for the next Basic update.

Meanwhile, here's a workaround. Instead of giving your player infinite ammo, instead set the weapon he is using to NOT use any ammo (the weapon's ammo type should be No_Ammo), and you'll be all set.

Cheers,
Aris

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de