firstly, ive read tutorial on getting started with GS and can use it to create most things but driving has got me stumped.

im a total newbie to making games, ive made models for games in the past where i was on the beta testing, ive always wanted to make my own games and ive been getting to grips with gamestudio for a few months and made a landscape with rivers, lochs and waterfalls full with fish, the aim was to create a fishing game but i got bored of it prety fast as real fishing took priority over virtual fishing, i came across 3d farschule ? "3d driving school" which was created with GS. i thought it would be a good little project to make my very own game like this "no where near the professionalism of 3d driving school" i loved it but didnt like alot of it including no right hand drive cars and no areas i knew myself to drive around.

as im not taking up game development as a profession, just a side hobby im franticly trying to find a fast way to my goals by finding a ready made template that i can improve on which is similar to 3d driving school, there are a few i found and im consentrating on newtons car example as it was the most advanced one i could find but so far got stuck with the level design, ive got the roads for the area around my home made but due to collision detection im currently stuck. got a few solutions to try tonight when i get home (only got internet at work just now)

i currently only use Sketchup as i can easily import a google map and draw the roads over it then erase the map for an exact map of the roads in 3d. what i would love is a very rudimentary driving simulator to improve on where i can simply import my roads into Med and export to what ever i need to ready to be imported into Sed and drive on.

i know most of you will probably frown upon me and im aware that all of this takes time, months even years. i know because i develop websites and software.

anyone got any suggestions ? scripts are not an issue i got a good grasp of them a few months ago, prety much like php in someways.

Best Regards

Andy

Last edited by andy_1984; 03/15/07 14:59.