Hello everyone , I am currently working on a horror game , and need a modeler. The game is in very early development (finishing design doc) , but I have already got some assets for the game. I am a level designer/environment artist , and will take care of all the levels. I'm also familiar with scripting , and currently considering IntenseX as a solution for the core scripting and I can script any extras if needed. I currently have purchased some music for the game , as well as a very good and complete Sound FX package , and a large collection of Motion Capture files. So some areas are covered. I need a modeler who can model , texture , rig , and animate his characters , we will be working on a silent hill type game , so I am lookign for someone who can make realistic models , using a mix of photos and painting/editing for the textures. The person I'm looking for should be familiar with all aspects of model creation from modeling to uv unwrapping to texturing and rigging and animating , however , you do not have to be a proffessional , I am more than willing to work with an intermidiate skilled artist who is willing to learn and dedicate themselves to the project. I can help you out with any resources needed , I currently have a ton of animation files which can be used as base for the model's animations , and will be getting a subscription to 3d.sk for the modeler that joins the team for the textures. You will , however, need to be able to make your own concept art , now this doesnt mean you need to know how to sketch or draw , how you handle concept art if any is needed is completely up to you , I will provide detailed descriptions as well as picture references of what the model should look like and you can take it from there. I am really looking for someone who is devoted and will work hard towards the goal of finishing the game , we will be a very small team , me and the modeler ,and maybe a scripter if one is really needed , but for now it will only be a team of 2 people , so I need someone who knows what they are doing , or is really willing to learn. We will not be working with any Next Gen tech , so no shaders or normals mapping will be needed , just solid models and textures. Now for the topic of payment , I am looking for someone to join as a team mate , and you will get full credit as the game modeler as well as well as a percentage of the royalties. I have been quoting a lot of modelers this last couple of weeks , and after seeing how much they want per model , I came to the conclusion that it wasnt possible for me to self fund all the models needed for the game , it would just be way way too much money , so I've decided to look for someone to partner up with me for that area of development. After having a decent demo , however , I do plan on looking for investors , and if I were to find one who will back the game , then you would get some money earlier , however , I am not relying on an investor to get the game done , this would be a plus. Any interested people can reply on here or e-mail me at sergio_novelo@hotmail.com
Be sure to send me some samples of past work so I can know where your at in your department. Any questions or comments you can either e-mail me or post here , I usually check the board a couple times a day.