Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,203 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: What are we really? [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #135017
06/11/07 21:12
06/11/07 21:12
ExtraCortex Offline OP
ExtraCortex  Offline OP

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I've got a few books and know some people who do stage hypnosis acts. Pretty cool. There's definitely a certain responsibility you have, if you mess up really bad, people can become insane

Nonsense.. you can only hypnotize people who want to be..and you cant make someone crazy or order them to do evil things.. that's only in movies..

No, according to Freud people only become into a transe state if they want, after that they're all yours...
If you get them in that status, then you can do all you want.
Of corse, not making them obeying to you like movies, but you can cross his imagination, dreams, needs and desires.

Re: What are we really? [Re: ExtraCortex] #135018
06/12/07 12:46
06/12/07 12:46
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
I think we are only a body.
Because emotions etc. are only some chemical reactions with millions of molecules..
So i think it is possible to simulate or calculate the behaviour of a human like a NPC.
So it is kind of destiny, because it is possible to calculate what you are going to do but you don't know it...
That's what i call destiny.

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: What are we really? [Re: Puppeteer] #135019
06/12/07 16:37
06/12/07 16:37
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
So theoretic we could be just bits and bites without realizing it, so we could be some NPCs in the RAM of gods computer
(something like the "Matrix" without the humans on the cables)
Sounds weird but i think it is right... What do you think about that?

Formally known as Omega
Re: What are we really? [Re: Puppeteer] #135020
06/12/07 18:16
06/12/07 18:16
S
Shadow969 Offline
User
Shadow969  Offline
User
S

And the whole universe is some kind of stress-test, huh? Actually i don't think so, because in the case of "all-seeing-god/admin/programmer", he must be interested in the better NPC's behaviour(i think so). And in the reality nobody's fixing peoples' mistakes, and stopping 'em from doing "bad things"

Re: What are we really? [Re: Shadow969] #135021
06/12/07 19:03
06/12/07 19:03
ExtraCortex Offline OP
ExtraCortex  Offline OP

"I would like to change this world, but God refuses to give me the source code =("

Lol, you have to buy it.

Re: What are we really? [Re: ExtraCortex] #135022
06/12/07 19:23
06/12/07 19:23
innsbruck, austria
achaziel Offline
Serious User
achaziel  Offline
Serious User

innsbruck, austria
we're all a bunch of assholes, that's all.

Yeah, but... Who is Lu?
Re: What are we really? [Re: ExtraCortex] #135023
06/12/07 19:30
06/12/07 19:30
S
Shadow969 Offline
User
Shadow969  Offline
User
S

Quote:

Lol, you have to buy it.

I'll wait for the release of bug-free version

Re: What are we really? [Re: Shadow969] #135024
06/12/07 19:42
06/12/07 19:42
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
A big and complex reaction of chemicals.

Btw: REAL control. Real control is a fake of the brain. You can tell a computer aswell that he is "aware" of his doings. But check this out: Of course we must believe REAL control, otherwise no one would be responsible for anything, and laws wouldn´t work.

EDIT2: "So if you think that you are only a piece of material, that after death is lost forever, why do you keep living if you dont have nothing to win with this?

Hard question inst it?"

We are all humans and we share the same thoughts. IF you can think we are all a huge set of chemicals, you still can´t believe it because your brain connections are set to the state to believe you are alive. If it would be different you would be dead, like suicide or accident because you got lazy about your live.
Most people of course have strongly set their brain to the state, that they are a lifeform, because it feels good. And otherwise humans wouldn´t have survived. There are for sure lifeforms who didn´t had that feeling of beeing alive, and they all died pretty quick, so we don't know them.

:L
Re: What are we really? [Re: EX Citer] #135025
06/12/07 20:13
06/12/07 20:13
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
Quote:

EDIT2: "So if you think that you are only a piece of material, that after death is lost forever, why do you keep living if you dont have nothing to win with this?

Girls just wanna have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
I think that the real meaning of live (and saving the human population )

Quote:

We are all humans and we share the same thoughts. IF you can think we are all a huge set of chemicals, you still can´t believe it because your brain connections are set to the state to believe you are alive.

I like the way thinking i am dead, because then i can't die

Quote:

If it would be different you would be dead, like suicide or accident because you got lazy about your live.
Most people of course have strongly set their brain to the state, that they are a lifeform, because it feels good. And otherwise humans wouldn´t have survived. There are for sure lifeforms who didn´t had that feeling of beeing alive, and they all died pretty quick, so we don't know them.

I don't think so:
I think i am a dead thing.
But what is the state that we call "alive"?
It is just a state with the main chemical reactions etc.

If i think i am dead i wouldn't have killed myself because dead or not i can still do some funny things like getting on peoples nerves and much more stuff

Formally known as Omega
Re: What are we really? [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #135026
06/12/07 20:43
06/12/07 20:43
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I've got a few books and know some people who do stage hypnosis acts. Pretty cool. There's definitely a certain responsibility you have, if you mess up really bad, people can become insane

Nonsense.. you can only hypnotize people who want to be..and you cant make someone crazy or order them to do evil things.. that's only in movies..

No, it's not only in movies, if you fail to get people out of the trance you put them in they can get insane. Read some books, I'd recommend: "The new Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis" by Ormond McGill. The book doesn't have this disclaimer for nothing saying; "Anyone using any of the techniques described in this book does so entirely at his or her own risk: the publishers cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury, whether caused or suggested by such use or otherwise" Sounds pretty standard to stop any lawsuits for example when people trip over and falls or something, but things could go even worse wrong and this is explained in the very same book too! (actually, certain cases of insanity caused by hypnosis are simply known).

A person's 'will' has very little to do with whether or not you can put them into hypnosis. The people that have a hard time of imagining things are the ones that will be hard if not close impossible to induce into hypnosis. I'm pretty sure you are not immune to hypnosis, nor are most people on this forum. It's necessary to have a creative mind, nothing more nothing less,

Quote:

No, according to Freud people only become into a transe state if they want, after that they're all yours...
If you get them in that status, then you can do all you want.

Actually this is untrue, you can't make them do anything you want, there are limits. However unless a person has creative mind skills, it will be hard if not impossible to hypnotize that person, even if it wants to be hypnotized. That's really the only thing that matters. It's also important that the person is able to hold thoughts sufficiently, a weak-willed person will be harder to hypnotize.

Just to give a quote from the same book about this;
"
Q:Is it possible for a hypnotist to make a subject perform an immoral act?

On this question most authorities agree that a person's moral code under hypnosis remains unchanged. Just because a person is hypnotized does not imply they have become a another individual in any case whatsoever. What moral scruples the subject has in his normal state of mind he will exhibit under hypnosis".
(p.37)

Getting people actually into trance is a different story, some techniques will work better on different people, other's only work on people who are easily influenced by the power of suggestion. A lot depends on whether or not you got the person's attention, because thát's when you can give suggestions. That is, you don't need to put people to sleep per say to get some things done you'd like them to do,

It's like the famous physicist Steinmetz once said: "The next great frontier for men to explore will be the depth of his own mind".

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite