Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Purchase A8 full licence version
by jcl. 09/29/26 09:37
A3 projects
by Yopachi. 09/28/26 17:04
Parent/child object
by rayp. 09/27/26 14:43
Bug in train mode, or it seem to me
by mistery. 09/24/26 17:34
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Dorifto samurai
Shadow 2
Rocker`s Revenge
Stug 3 Stormartillery
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 4,602 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
KelleyAbbey, Yopachi, Knull, Opus, Jubilee
19243 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
An A7 Installation 'Bug' #140480
07/11/07 15:28
07/11/07 15:28
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 105
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
EdP Offline OP
Member
EdP  Offline OP
Member

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 105
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
The following problem is almost certainly caused by the way I run my PC. I install programs using an Administrator Account, and I run programs in a User Account with limited rights. I use XP as my OS.

After reading the Vista notes I decided to install A7 in Documents and Settings, in a new folder labelled Programs, subfoldered to Game Studio 7. I then ran a cacls script (CACLS.EXE . /E /T /G USERS:F) within the Game Studio 7 folder to give broad user rights, just in case there was a write problem.

Despite all these precautions, when I run from User mode, the Level Editor promptly informs me my trial period is over. If I use 'run as Administrator', it runs ok. (So far things look really nice, a big leap over A6!)

I cannot say if this is a permanent problem as I have not received my key.

Assuming its going to be a permanent issue, any hints on how to get things running in 'User' mode?

Ed


Ed
Re: An A7 Installation 'Bug' [Re: EdP] #140481
07/11/07 16:13
07/11/07 16:13
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,551
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,551
Netherlands
Not permanent, just need to wait for your key I guess? Also think it's better to start Gamestudio with admin rights


smile
Re: An A7 Installation 'Bug' [Re: D3D] #140482
07/12/07 09:23
07/12/07 09:23
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 105
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
EdP Offline OP
Member
EdP  Offline OP
Member

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 105
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
True - the problem has gone now that I have my key. However it does make it a problem if someone just wants to TRY the A7 Commercial version.

I guess we could argue over the merits/demerits of running in user vs admin mode, but I certainly would never do so with 'trial' software.

Ed


Ed
Re: An A7 Installation 'Bug' [Re: EdP] #140483
07/12/07 15:07
07/12/07 15:07
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,551
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,551
Netherlands
You do not have to start Vista as Administrator. Just the Gamestudio application you'd like to run.


smile

Gamestudio download | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1