Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ayumi, Akow, monk12), 1,413 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
layer_sort #141941
07/18/07 21:48
07/18/07 21:48
L
lyingmime Offline OP
lyingmime  Offline OP
L

When layer sorting panel and view entities, I find that I can put view entities on top of panels only for a single frame. After that, the panel is displayed over the view entity.

So, to keep the view entity on top of the panel, I can layer_sort every frame, though to optimize my code I would want to run layer_sort only when the order of the layers should change.

layer_sort seems to create an exception to the usual way that layers are sorted. If you keep with the current layer system (panels are always on top of view entities in positive number ranges), you should probably remove this one-frame exception.

Better would be to have panels, texts, and view entities sort strictly by number and only default to panels on top of views when they have the same layer number. --- Really, why not allow view entities to display on top of panels?

The manual hints at the current behavior in only one place: view.layer states that "Panels and texts will always be displayed over all views independently of their LAYER values." It appears that view entities are included as views for purposes of this behavior, and it might be helpful to see this in the other places where layer and layer_sort are described.

Re: layer_sort [Re: lyingmime] #141942
07/19/07 00:39
07/19/07 00:39
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

View entities are supposed to render on top of panels. They always have and if they aren't then it's either a new bug or something wrong with your code. Also, you can place all of these same elements (panels, texts, etc) behind the view now by using negative numbers for the layer values. It's a very new feature in one of the newer A7 releases.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de