Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Akow, 1 invisible), 1,404 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C-Script coder wanted (paid) #161838
10/18/07 15:46
10/18/07 15:46
Michael_McCrickard Offline OP
Michael_McCrickard  Offline OP

Hi, I have a fairly small job in C-Script that could easily lead to other jobs.

Name: Dynamic right-click menu system with up to 10 menu items.

General info: You'll be creating a menu and delivering a menu system that only has one menu (one set of menu items), but can be extended by adding more text objects with strings to the WDL code. Each additional menu will require a text object for the menu items themselves and one for the function names to be called. Those text objects are just used as string arrays. Other text objects are used to actually display the menu items (and do the highlighting).

Programming requirements: Create a menu with only 3DGS panels and texts and a button bitmap. Store the menu selections in the string property of a 3DGS text object. Store the function names to be called in a another text object. Use execute() to call the desired function.

Display requirements: Use a text object with a single string variable for each menu item. The font must be monospaced. Use another text object with the same string variable but a different colored font for the hightlight feature, which should be triggered by a mouse_over function in the button serving as the background. The mouse_up function should call the appropriate menu item command. Please don't use the ackfont (it's too small for my eyes). 8 or 10 point Courier should be fine.

Comments: I'm trying not to over-specify the implementation details here because you may think of a more clever way to do it, one that uses fewer text objects, etc. As long as you wind up with a highlighting menu (highlight on mouse_over) that gets built on the fly from a specified list of menu items and function names, I'll be happy. And you'll get paid.

Payment: You can send me an estimate on what you would charge for this job. If you have an established track record with references, send me your hourly rate and a ballpark estimate of how long you think it will take.

Comtact me at michael@mccrickard.net

Last edited by Michael_McCrickard; 10/18/07 15:47.
Re: C-Script coder wanted (paid) [Re: Michael_McCrickard] #161839
10/19/07 03:25
10/19/07 03:25
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
I can get you references if you need. I'd do this for you for about $50 and i should have it done in a day or two.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de