This is a bit weird, but I've always liked the way everything was set up with the a5 code. It's always been easier for me to get things working correctly with it. So I've been attempting to mix in the car physics script from a6 on the a6 engine using updated a5 templates.

It sort of works. Is this even possible to do? I can control my player just fine. I was setting it up so it would switch between the car and player. Or at least had planned to. I was just going to remove the player to test the car out. However the car is not functional. I have no script errors so that is pretty good so far.

But I have no control over the car what so ever when the game starts up. Even with no player in the level. If i have a player in the level I can actually push the car and it reacts as it should, like it rolls around and stuff.

Anyone have any clues as to why the car would just become disfunctional because of the old a5 templates?

I know it's a weird way of setting everything up because the a6 templates are all ready to work with player and vehicle switching, it's just I have tons of extra coding set into the way the a5 templates are set up. I'm no scripter so getting everything else to work properly into the a6 templates would be a nightmare for me.