Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow, degenerate_762), 1,430 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: jumpman] #225825
09/06/08 08:15
09/06/08 08:15
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
That is definitly some pro work jumpmap wink wink
All those effects looked very accurate, I especially enjoyed the large scale mayhem grin grin
Be smart and make this a commercial project wink wink

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: frazzle] #226231
09/08/08 16:37
09/08/08 16:37
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
I want to play it ! laugh
awesome... controlling allied units looks like fun... I'd love to come up with all the different ways and tactics to hunt down
an enemy... laugh

*edit* and the particle effects are fun as well smile

Last edited by Germanunkol; 09/08/08 17:08.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: Germanunkol] #226303
09/09/08 00:55
09/09/08 00:55
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline
astrophe  Offline
A

Ohio
very cool... wonderful gameplay.... it all just flows so nicely... i love the interesting things you've added as you've progressed... the flanking and cover fire in the AI is especially impressive wink

i do like the cartoony look... and i'm sure it will improve with time... but from a tech standpoint, you're doing an amazing job.

Tomorrow Armor, small update [Re: astrophe] #226308
09/09/08 01:27
09/09/08 01:27
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
-Going on a slight tangent....

Thank you so much, all of you. Its incredibly encouraging, especially since this project is hidden to almost everyone I know, because it started as a little side project.

There is so much work going into this, I'm actually very shocked thinking about every little piece that constitutes the whole. I take for granted what I've started in the beginning of this project, and realize that isolating every peice and getting it working is what lets me make the game seem complicated as a whole. From George Pirvu's excellent pathfinding tutorial, where I understood the fundamentals of A*, to little scripts I made just for fun, creating a dynamic list of allies for each AI, bone rotation and limits, then onto my first state based AI. Every tiny script and function is working together....

-BACK ON TRACK-

Here is a small update. As stated before I am integrating non vehicular models into Tomorrow Armor, so that you can control on-foot troops and other characters.

Script-wise its all about setting lists of variables, and assigning them to the AI/Player when the level loads. Human models have flags in their script that will constraint their torso bone from rotating 360, other variables control how fast they run, others resize the collision hull to my tuning. Soon I'll be adding things like bullet impacts on humans will squirt blood, vehicles will burst into flames on death and etc.

Its all about setting up a predefined list for characters, then plugging in the values during script.

After I infused Keith with life, he asked me for a 1 on 1 deathmatch in the test level. The conversation went like this:

Keith Bot: HAY JUSTIN! You want to play challenge of deathmatch?
Justin: Sure....but I know exactly what your going to do.
Keith Bot: NO! Your not as am smart as me am!!!!!one.

And on a slight AI tangent not seen in the video, I've added an ability for Keith to backflip, which opens up a new set of abilities for every AI. Right now I forsee the AI characters backflipping, doing combat rolls, doing melee attacks...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de