Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Joey, flink, AndrewAMD), 1,226 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dinamically generated maps #12868
06/10/03 09:44
06/10/03 09:44
São Paulo, Brazil
L
Lord Alexion Offline OP
Lord Alexion  Offline OP
L

São Paulo, Brazil
Hello guys [Smile] first I wanna thank you all for the good support you've been given me all those years. Then, I have a question: my MMORPG will feature a Final-fantasy-like battle scheme, with the players being teleported to a different map where battles occur. in a MMORPG that can be a trouble, since several people may be fighting enemies on the same battle map at once. Is it possible to generate on-the-fly "instances" of a map during game execution? that way if there were 1.500 players fighting on the forest, there would be 1.500 different (but similar) maps generated on the server, each one with a party fighting on it. is that possible? if not, can anyone help me with a better solution? thanks! [Smile]

Re: Dinamically generated maps #12869
06/10/03 09:48
06/10/03 09:48
Hopewell Jct, NY
Yulor Offline
Senior Developer
Yulor  Offline
Senior Developer

Hopewell Jct, NY
yea, check out AUM they had a thing about random forests using sys_seconds and ent_create to create randomly generated trees. its some good stuff check it out

Re: Dinamically generated maps #12870
06/10/03 11:52
06/10/03 11:52
São Paulo, Brazil
L
Lord Alexion Offline OP
Lord Alexion  Offline OP
L

São Paulo, Brazil
No, no... I need to generate like "instances" of a map to be used on the game simultaneously...
it's something like this: I have a level called battle-forest.wmb, which is the map for battles on forest-type grounds. I have 200 players on the forest of my game world. suddenly, one of them encounters a monster and enters a battle, thus he's teleported to battle-forest.wmb, the monster entities are created, and the battle begins.

Now, another player on the forest encounters another monster. he's gonna be teleported to battle-forest.wmb? but the first player is already there, the 2 players will be on the same map, yet fighting their own battles? I need them to be on different maps, right? so I need an "instance" of the battle-forest.wmb map to be created every time a player enters a battle, and destroyed when the battle is ended.

HUMMM SOMETHING JUST OCURRED TO ME: If I control the flow of messages between the client and the server, even if there are several players on the same map, I can make it so only the clients that are there receive the messages related to this player's battle... that way even if there are hundreds of people battling on the same map, only the information related to THIS client's battle will be sent to him, only entities pertaining to HIS battle will be created on that client, and so, it's like all other battles that are happening simultaneously are not visible by everyone... right? I just forgot that you CAN control these kinds of stuff in 3DGS... am I right? would that work?

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de