|
|
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
#195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,205 Greece
OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
Hello everyone, After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go.. Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed. Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins. I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out. I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player. I think I'm gonna post a pic now... Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible  . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version  . Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think. Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.
|
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!!
[Re: LarryLaffer]
#195587
12/21/05 12:51
12/21/05 12:51
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,234 Wisconsin USA
FoxHound
Expert
|
Expert
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,234
Wisconsin USA
|
and where are the guys beating each other wtih sticks?  Larry, it's the toy not the package it comes in that we are interested in. This level will do fine.
--------------------- There is no signature here.
QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!!
[Re: LarryLaffer]
#195588
12/21/05 13:03
12/21/05 13:03
|
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 825 from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2
Developer
|
Developer
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 825
from the 'Burgh to Denver
|
Aris, The AI looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing it in action. As for the level, I understand you put a lot of work into the AI and want the levels to reflect a degree of professionalism. However, most people, like me, are interested primarily in the AI. I would not worry too much about the levels. Keep up the good work!  CBuilder
Last edited by CBuilder2; 12/21/05 13:04.
Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!!
[Re: Daedelus]
#195593
12/24/05 04:40
12/24/05 04:40
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,205 Greece
LarryLaffer
OP
Serious User
|
OP
Serious User
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,205
Greece
|
Daedelus, click on this thread and scroll down to my post. Intense Ai works pretty much in the same way. However, I've disabled breaking an alliance from friendly fire right now, cause u know, sh*t happens. You don't want your allies to all turn against you if you miss and shoot an ally once. Neither you need your enemy NPCs to turn against each other the same way, like it happened with Doom2. Maybe I'll make a "Friendly Fire Acceptable" option in WED though to allow this. If I don't you'll still be able to make and break alliances any way you feel like just with one c-script command. As for my progress, right now I'm in complete desperation. I don't have a model, I don't have a level so I'm stuck with the artwork I currently have. I do work on the demo with the current graphics but it ain't gonna be pretty and I was kinda hoping to at least show how nice Intense ai handles different animations, but now I can't  Cheers all, Aris
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!!
[Re: dleuen]
#195595
12/24/05 11:57
12/24/05 11:57
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,234 Wisconsin USA
FoxHound
Expert
|
Expert
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,234
Wisconsin USA
|
I agree with dleuen (you can't have 3 vowels in a word!) and that we want more of the code then the looks. I also want to play with this AI on my christmas break (I'm the teacher breaking from the kids) and if I dont' get to do that I'll tell the beer fairy not to visit you anymore (the beer fairy -teacher conspircy is true.).
--------------------- There is no signature here.
QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
|
|
|
|